Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Change in 2.36.31?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed today that my UHFS sounds like crap as compared to yesterday. I spent quite a bit of time trying to adjust it but didn't have any luck getting it to sound right. I realized that 2.36.31 was installed yesterday and maybe they "tweaked" it?

A few things I noticed:

- The front rear balance is now pushed way back at neutral as in voices are coming in from all around. It used to be that the neutral fader had a clear soundstage set around the front window. Now I've set the fader at +10 to try and replicate that however, voices are still scattered.

- Midrange has been pushed way down. There's a definitely loss of clarity in the midrange.

- Bass boosted

- Changes in Dolby have improved the Dolby "on" setting with a more accurate soundstage, however, Dolby "off" which used to sound great to me now sounds pretty crappy with wandering voices that get lost up front.

What happened? 2 days ago, I thought the sound was pretty good but today, I thought to myself, I paid $2500 for this?

I just noticed today that my UHFS sounds like crap as compared to yesterday. I spent quite a bit of time trying to adjust it but didn't have any luck getting it to sound right. I realized that 2.36.31 was installed yesterday and maybe they "tweaked" it?

A few things I noticed:

- The front rear balance is now pushed way back at neutral as in voices are coming in from all around. It used to be that the neutral fader had a clear soundstage set around the front window. Now I've set the fader at +10 to try and replicate that however, voices are still scattered.

- Midrange has been pushed way down. There's a definitely loss of clarity in the midrange.

- Bass boosted

- Changes in Dolby have improved the Dolby "on" setting with a more accurate soundstage, however, Dolby "off" which used to sound great to me now sounds pretty crappy with wandering voices that get lost up front.

What happened? 2 days ago, I thought the sound was pretty good but today, I thought to myself, I paid $2500 for this?

Try doing a reboot on the car and then see how it sounds after that.

I concur that a reboot might make the most sense. It's highly unlikely they did anything else in 2.36.31 (and I haven't personally noticed any difference, FWIW), since it was 1) a security fix, and 2) on the eve of a massive catch-all update. No reason to push a change to sound balancing in a small security-based point release, methinks.

Is it like this on all sources?