TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audio: Did Tesla give us free Slacker accounts with v4.1?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by JoshG, Jan 10, 2013.

1. JoshG

JoshG Member

I'm positive I did NOT have a Slacker account before 4.0 or 4.1 came to my car (non-sig performance, #1299). I know because I wanted to try it out and couldn't until I got an account online separately, which I never bothered to do. Today I happened to try it again and there's a user name and password entered in the Apps screen. The account is "TeslaXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" (x=whole string of numbers), and there's a password entered but it's just showing as the obscuring dots of course. Is this something that came with v4.1 for everyone? (wasn't in the release notes.) Or was it just something that somehow happened to my car?

Slacker works great now. Pretty cool service. Better than the bizarre navigation and incomprehensible nesting menus scheme on TuneIn Radio.

--josh

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#2 brianman, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    There was something in Cinergi's (Ben's) video about this. The one with the same guy that did the official video. I didn't really pay much attention because it wasn't on my concern radar.

Edit:
    Live stream of a factory delivery - Page 5

22:40+

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Yes. There is a per-car Slacker account that for Sigs was set up by the DS. My password was incorrect on the documentation and I had to put the account information in after the DS sent me the correct information later.

Perhaps the individual username/password entries were temporary until they could get automatic provisioning squared away with later releases. I should check to see if mine changed over to a different account name (since the formatting of my username appears to be different than yours).

On the Slacker web site, for the account given to me it indicates Slacker Radio Plus, expires 12/2013 with auto-renew set to "no".

4. dcopperfield

dcopperfield Member

I too have slacker radio now for free--- definitely wasn't working before 4.1

5. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Must be a sig thing. Unless I am not "configuring" properly ...

6. JoshG

JoshG Member

No, I know sigs had Slacker for free. I'm not signature but got slacker as a result if either 4,0 or 4,1. Was wondering if everyone did.

7. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

We have slacker for free as well. Shows a tesla account as stated above with password x'd out.

8. dcopperfield

dcopperfield Member

Correct. I'm am not a sig owner

9. sjledet

sjledet Member

I got my standard (non Sig) yesterday. It was running 4.1. It has account info for Slacker in there as above and it's working correctly. Wish I could say the same for my Bluetooth.

10. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769