Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Equalizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AUDIO UPGRADE
I don't know what kind of a channel you have to communicate with Tesla, but I am hoping you could pass along a suggestion. The Model Y has a nice audio system (not great) but very enjoyable. It has a short coming that could be addressed with a software change. You may be old enough to remember audio receivers (a combination radio and tuner/amplifier for a stereo system).
Because of the inherent power curve in these devices, they never sounded as good at a low volume as they did at a higher volume. It takes a disproportionate amount of power to make the high and low spectrum adequately and appropriately balance in volume. So on the receivers they would have a loudness button or boost button that altered the internal equalizer to raise the volume on the ends of the sound spectrum. I think it would be great for Tesla to put a button on the equalizer that would boost the volume on the low and high spectrum at low volumes.
Get in your Tesla. Listen to music at a low volume and then at a high volume. Big difference. What do you think?

Reactions: jpfive
Honestly I'd rather have the ability to save a few EQ profiles and switch between them without hassle. It's a pain to manually adjust the EQ anytime the current profile doesn't work well with what I'm listening to at the moment, especially if I'm shuffling my library and switching genres and production/mastering quality fairly frequently.

The 1970s Yamaha home audio receivers had a variable Loudness control that enabled you to adjust the degree of low end, high end boost being applied. That was useful for low level listening in a home environment. For listening in the Tesla vehicle I prefer to turn up the volume.

+1, along with an 1/3 octave EQ “advanced” option. Or at least 10 bands; 7 just doesn’t cut it.
I will second that. A good EQ should have controls for upper high ends, but when I move the Treble slider on the Model 3 EQ it seems like I am adjusting frequencies around 8K. Should be higher than that.

I would like a revamp of this EQ. In the lower end of the spectrum, the SUB and BASS controls seem too close in frequency, so they are wasting a slider on what mostly sounds similar. A good EQ arrangement would be: 30, 60, 120, 250, 500, 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K. But unfortunately, with only 6 sliders to play with, you can only do something like 60, 150, 400, 800, 3K, 12K.

I will second that. A good EQ should have controls for upper high ends, but when I move the Treble slider on the Model 3 EQ it seems like I am adjusting frequencies around 8K. Should be higher than that.

I would like a revamp of this EQ. In the lower end of the spectrum, the SUB and BASS controls seem too close in frequency, so they are wasting a slider on what mostly sounds similar. A good EQ arrangement would be: 30, 60, 120, 250, 500, 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K. But unfortunately, with only 6 sliders to play with, you can only do something like 60, 150, 400, 800, 3K, 12K.
Parametric eq would be the best option IMO.

Reactions: Mario Veras