Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio glitches with iPhone and 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have multiple complaints related to using my iPhone with the MS:
  1. Volume is too low. In some cases cranking it way up provides adequate volume, but in others it does not.
  2. MS automatically starts playback as soon as I get in the car. This happens even when I wasn't playing something prior to exiting the car. In this case, it seems to just start playing something randomly from my music library.
  3. When I use Google Maps, after a map instruction is played through the MS interface, music from my iPhone will start playing automatically after the instruction is finished—even though I wasn't playing music prior to the map instruction.
  4. I cannot search or browse music on my iPhone using the MS interface.
We recently bought a $23k VW Golf Sportwagen as our second car, and it doesn't have any of these issues—even when using Bluetooth rather than Apple CarPlay, which provides an even better experience.

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences these glitches, or maybe there's something wrong with the interface in my MS? I've tried resetting the center console but that didn't help.

I have the same issue with my iPhone playing automatically. It even happens when I close all the iPhone apps. It will reopen the app and play whatever I had last listened to. Because I generally listen to Audible books, this is particularly annoying. I need to back up the audio to where I was last listening.

I also have an issue with the audio not playing through the speakers. I discovered a work around. I select a streaming source and then return to the iPhone. But again, it is an annoying inconvenience.