Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio (immersive sound?) cutting in and out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any anyone experienced their sound cutting in and out? It sounds like either everything but the dash speakers cutting out or possibly it's immersive sound related. Either way it happens a few times an hour. Doesn't matter which of the audio sources is in play. Currently on 2019.40.2.1 I've noticed it for a few weeks now, but thought I'd ask in here before I made a service call.

Yes I experienced the same thing. Thinking of making a service call for it also. I have not tried troubleshooting steps yet. Such as turning off immersive sound to see if it still happens. I have however noticed that it happens with more that one type of audio source.

Mine was when playing on Spotify. It happened only during a single drive for a couple of songs. Hasn’t happened since.

it sound like a software glitch like the speaker routing was off because music would play but you’d lose all mid bass and bass for a fraction of a second

if it’s happening frequently then I would take it to the service center

maybe stream quality? could be due to data congestion and the stream changed the quality throughput. best way to test is to use a consistent source you can control. MP3s on your phone, streaming on BT is probably the least variable.

I have that too and only from the latest update or the one before. I am not playing from car's signal or my phone signal. I am playing from a downloaded audible audiobook from my phone via bluetooth. So signal should not be a problem. And it was not completely cut out, just a bunch of the speakers.. some speakers are still on. It only last about 2 to 3 seconds and then back to normal. It happens infrequently and only on a longer drive more than 1 hour.

There are a few threads about this. It's a widespread and persistent problem that started a few updates back. It happens regardless of the audio source (radio, streaming, bluetooth, etc.) so it's not a signal issue. It has not been resolved in the latest update. The frequency at which it happens is also variable. For me, it might not happen for a few hours then will happen multiple times over a few minutes. It's super annoying...

• Informative
Reactions: MosquitoFloss
I had put a mobile service ticket in for this issue a few days back. I just got a call from the service advisor and they informed me that after analyzing my M3s debug logs they have confirmed it is a known bug in current software. They have a fix coming for this issue but he couldn’t tell me which update it’s planned for. I’ll be interested to see if this holiday update resolved it or not.

• Informative
Reactions: kpedraja