Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio installation recommendations in either LA or SF Bay Area?

matt_in_ca

Sep 1, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'm looking to have an (NVX, Sound Qubed, or similar) amp and subwoofer installed in my Model S and was wondering if anyone has an installer they'd recommend?

Mobile installation would be ideal, but quality and value come first

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
Highly recommend Guru Electronics / Car Audio in San Jose.

The owner drives a Model S and their techs work on Tesla's all the time.

They installed a full NVX kit for me in 3 hours 30 min start to finish and the install is flawless. Price was one of the best in the Bay Area too.

Just had the work done earlier this month.

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
No idea. I think you just want to make sure the place has worked on the Model S before. The way you run the power cable through the firewall is more convoluted than on most ICE cars. Guru said that only their lead tech is able to do work on the Teslas.

I am surprised that a shop will charge so little considering the job takes 3-4 hours at minimum but if the shop has done the job before then I don't see what the risk is.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC