Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: iPhone bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i listen to music from my iphone via bluetooth. when the music is playing does the phone sit there passively (without much battery drain) or does it actively participate and drain the battery? just wondering if i need to plug it in to avoid draining the battery or if it's a non-issue.

thanks in advance,

dennis

i listen to music from my iphone via bluetooth. when the music is playing does the phone sit there passively (without much battery drain) or does it actively participate and drain the battery? just wondering if i need to plug it in to avoid draining the battery or if it's a non-issue.

thanks in advance,

dennis

Not a noticeable battery drain. The great thing is that you can plug it into the USB port and be charging and still have bluetooth audio playing. This is a huge improvement from my other cars that as soon as you connect to USB, the phone goes into "accessory connected" mode and you can't play music from the iPhone.

I have a bluetooth question. When I received the car, the DS showed me how to sync my iPhone and it all worked great. Recently, I noticed that my phone is synced and connected but my contacts don't show up. It gives me a message that I need to use my phone to dial a contact. I am not on 4.0 yet. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried to delete my phone and set it up again but the problem persists.

Edit ~ I rebooted the the touchscreen for the first time and that did it. thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited: