TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audio: iPhone bluetooth

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dennis25, Jan 9, 2013.

1. dennis25

dennis25 Member

i listen to music from my iphone via bluetooth. when the music is playing does the phone sit there passively (without much battery drain) or does it actively participate and drain the battery? just wondering if i need to plug it in to avoid draining the battery or if it's a non-issue.

thanks in advance,

dennis

2. kishdude

kishdude P #130

Not a noticeable battery drain. The great thing is that you can plug it into the USB port and be charging and still have bluetooth audio playing. This is a huge improvement from my other cars that as soon as you connect to USB, the phone goes into "accessory connected" mode and you can't play music from the iPhone.

3. dennis25

dennis25 Member

thanks. just picked up a USB cable. works great.

4. Beavis

Beavis Signature 991

#4 Beavis, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    I have a bluetooth question. When I received the car, the DS showed me how to sync my iPhone and it all worked great. Recently, I noticed that my phone is synced and connected but my contacts don't show up. It gives me a message that I need to use my phone to dial a contact. I am not on 4.0 yet. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried to delete my phone and set it up again but the problem persists.

Edit ~ I rebooted the the touchscreen for the first time and that did it. thanks for the suggestions!