TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Audio Issue Fix per Tesla Tech Support

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Daniellane, May 21, 2018.

1. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Just got off the phone with Tesla.
    I was advised to perform a procedure that seems to be recommended for everyone.
    Thought I’d pass it along…
    I called to report an issue I had last night.
    All audio was inoperable including turn signals, nav & music in my Model S (2018.18 MCU2).
    I recalled that I had made a brief call via Bluetooth prior to losing audio.
    There was also an intermittent crackling sound.
    I tried to place a call to see if the phone was working. No luck, but when I hung up all audio was restored.
    Rebooted when I got to my destination for good measure.
    The Tesla Advisor I spoke to on the phone said it was a known issue that would be fixed in future updates, however there is a recommended procedure that will reset the audio and resolve the issue now.
    He said to raise all of the levels in the equalizer to max (8 in my case ).
    Then immediately perform a reboot.
    Then reset equalizer levels as desired.

He also recommended doing this in our model three even though it has not exhibited any audio issues.

• Informative x 1