Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Issues - USB & Volume

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2021 Model Y for over a year now and there have been two updates that are VERY annoying:
1. For some reason my USB audio drives with my person favorite playlist no longer work or even show up as an audio option. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT???
2. There is no option to disable the auto volume control that automatically lowers the volume when there is little external noise and raise the volume when there is more external noise. This should be OPTIONAL and not forced on us. I find it VERY annoying and have to manually raise or lower the volume.

1. For some reason my USB audio drives with my person favorite playlist no longer work or even show up as an audio option. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT???
My usb audio has been working fine for months ever since they fixed the mounting problem back in the spring. I'm on version 2022.36.2 now. I use gpt partitioning and exFAT and/or ext4 file systems. This is vastly more reliable than the typical msdos partitioning and vfat file system. Using vfat means you are likely to lose your data. There are also some usb devices that are problematic and prone to failure. The Sandisk Ultrafit flash drive is notoriously bad. It overheats and someone has already reported it not working for them when their car is hot then it starts to work again after things cool off.

I spent about 10 years working on tailoring Linux to run from usb flash drives so I have a lot of experiences with these devices and their failure modes. What software update seemed to cause this failure? If it was 2022.36.2 or earlier then I doubt it was a software problem since it has been consistently working fine for me.

Upvote 0