Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio output turned into morse code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was driving and a google hangout calls came in. I answered it and hanged up. After that, my audio system turned all sound coming out into "tock tock.... tock tock tock...tock.....tock...". It doesn't matter if I stream from bluetooth, or listen to internet radio, or streaming. You can tell it is trying to play the sound but everything turned into this morse code like knocking sound. When I got home, I reset the MCU and everything went back to normal. Anyone seen this before? I wonder if I could reset MCU while driving. It was pretty boring without any audio on the drive home. I guess I could get off the freeway to reset MCU.

So I was driving and a google hangout calls came in. I answered it and hanged up. After that, my audio system turned all sound coming out into "tock tock.... tock tock tock...tock.....tock...". It doesn't matter if I stream from bluetooth, or listen to internet radio, or streaming. You can tell it is trying to play the sound but everything turned into this morse code like knocking sound. When I got home, I reset the MCU and everything went back to normal. Anyone seen this before? I wonder if I could reset MCU while driving. It was pretty boring without any audio on the drive home. I guess I could get off the freeway to reset MCU.
We have been hearing the 'tock tock" in all radio outputs. reset using the buttons on the steering wheel didn't help.

We have been hearing the 'tock tock" in all radio outputs. reset using the buttons on the steering wheel didn't help.

I have not had that happened since that one time back in Sept. Are you saying that MCU reset did not fix it and you have no audio at all? Have you tried holding down the brake pedal and the 2 buttons? Also you could try a power down on the screen and wait 60 seconds and press the brake pedal to power the car back up.

Did hard and soft reboot. Shut the car off/all power for over 3 minutes per the tech, didn't help. Had tech on the phone he had to bubble it up to the advance team. Still waiting on their response. I can change the balance to the front speakers and popping/tocking goes aways for the most part. It is not has intense when the balance is the front. I will have to say the customer service is not very good at all. It's been 10+ days driving and listening to sound that sounds like AM radio.

Took the car in to a SC. The amplifier was not working due to water had contacted the wiring. The water issue i had noticed but didn't connect the two issues. I had noticed that when I opened the truck lid water (~1-2 TBSP) landed on the rear passenger side. This was not from water passing the gasket either. It dripped from under opening area. SC could not find the leak. They ordered a new amp.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin