Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio quality after updating worse in Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sound quality got drastically worse after updating yesterday and I couldn’t help but notice everything streamed via Bluetooth from my iPhone sounded muffled. Also playing music on 40-50% volume before the update was loud and now I need to set the volume to 80% to achieve the same result. I confirmed the sound quality loss by playing flac files from USB and the quality and volume went back to the way it was before, so it seems like the Bluetooth codec was changed in this update and only affected model Ys? Anyone else notice a huge difference in the compression?

I haven't noticed this but I primarily listen to podcasts which don't require much quality. Have you tried doing a system reset? I doubt it will work but it's worth a shot.

Tesla is also pushing out 44.30.5 which appears to be minor bug fixes so a fix may be included in this.

I noticed the same thing with Spotify! I felt the music didn't sound right for a while and I finally realized why. I'm not an audiophile by any means but I did enjoy the clarity.
Driving my Tesla M3 just became less enjoyable. I hope they find a way to correct the noticeable drop in quality.