TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audio: Radio cycle through presets?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ckessel, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Seems like it must be something obvious, but is there no way to cycle through preset channels from the driver's controls? Cars typically have a +/- on the channel from the steering wheel, but I can't figure out a way to do that from the steering wheel. The left side buttons scan forwards/backwards rather than going to the next preset.

Slightly related, with Slacker. I search for a band I like such as The Sword and I see that under "Artists" in the search. I click on it and I get "The Sword Radio" which plays a song by them, but then the next is by some other band. Does Slacker not actually stick with the band you asked for, but instead give you a channel of "similar" music?

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

None that I know of.

Correct. It's like Pandora. Every fourth song or so will be from The Sword and the rest will be similar. I've found that Slacker is a bit more repetitive than Pandora (for example, using a specific song name like Waylon Jennings' "Good Hearted Woman" can result in that same song played every 10th song or so).