Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio settings issue..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys..

I got my new P90DL one day ago, and as probably you did, i am also checking and trying everything out.. Anyway today i got my new update (8.0 - build 2.50.114) and i noticed a strange issue..

In the software features i saw that there was an update to the Audio Equalizer (upgrade from 3 frequency filters to 5 of them) and it works.. If i change my settings and turn the car off, my settings will be erased altho i think i saved the settings to the driver profile!?

Am i doing something wrong or is this an known issue?

Thank you..

Patience, patience, patience..... Tesla knows of the problem and says that it will be fixed in a future software update. These kinds of things usually get resolved along with other updates. Often there is no mention in the notes that it is fixed, it just begins to work properly.

Don't be sorry, perhaps, you might have noticed something that others had not noticed.... but making a search is always best as it saves you a lot of time and a lot of frustration.

To be honest.. I noticed that i am a bit disappointed in High Fidelity sound option.. I have no idea what is "High" in this setup.. I have 2 other SUV-s and they both sound a lot better.. Also, i hate that Tesla can handle only FAT32 file system on USB drive.. What i love on the other side is the smile that i CAN NOT get off my face when i hit "gas" - acceleration pedal :))) .

To be honest.. I noticed that i am a bit disappointed in High Fidelity sound option.. I have no idea what is "High" in this setup.. I have 2 other SUV-s and they both sound a lot better.. Also, i hate that Tesla can handle only FAT32 file system on USB drive.. What i love on the other side is the smile that i CAN NOT get off my face when i hit "gas" - acceleration pedal :))) .
There are a bunch of model S audio threads you might want to read. The Tesla setup sounds excellent with high quality source (like FLAC) and poor with low quality source (MP3 or streaming). It is also more "front stage" than most car audio. Takes some getting used to, but some real audiophile folks have rated it very high. Personally, I've grown to appreciate it. I only listen to FLAC. Now when I hear other luxury car systems they sound muddy and over Dolby manipulated

Looks like it has been fixed..

I just got an update last night and i haven't seen any change in EQ settings today.. This is the SW version i received last night!

IMG_0249.jpg

Reactions: goneskiian