TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Audio (Slacker) crackling sound?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by irishndude4, Jul 21, 2018.

1. irishndude4

irishndude4 Member

Anybody experiencing this on their Model 3 via Slacker streaming? Did not experience this until today, but I have not driven the car since last Sunday since I was out of town all week. My buddy told me he started experiencing the same this week too. Thoughts?

2. kmcdds

kmcdds Member

It sounds like the same thing that happened to me yesterday with anything sound related in the car- music, podcasts, navigation voice. It sounded to me like someone clapping rapidly. I pressed both scroll wheels to reboot the computer/monitor and that solved it. It was fine the rest of the trip and hasn't been a problem today.

3. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Yes, I’ve heard it a few times in our X. Kind of like it skips like an old record. Just briefly

4. Xminusuno

Xminusuno Member

No need the reboot. Just pause the music, then unpause and it will be gone. I started a thread about this some time back and I've used that tip to fix it the few times it has happened.

5. kmcdds

kmcdds Member

I actually tried pausing and unpausing the music but that didn't work for me.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

no crackling, but no Slacker streaming whatsoever. Been down for a couple of days. It just spins and spins....Turned to regular FM, and then back to Slacker. At that point it brings up the Slacker login page, and I click, 'Use Tesla Account', and nothing....

any suggestions?

7. Atoms

Atoms Member

Send a message you tesla executives to ask them to prioritize fixing the firmware (codec/filter/...) to resolve. It is likely a variable exceeding maximum representable value in an IIR filter or something like that. Premium audio should not crackle like an old A.M. radio.