Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio speaker upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of purchasing an install kit to connect the 4 front speakers.
Model 3 RWD 2022 with the AMD Ryzen processor

I can see that Hansshow and EVOffer both make a kit. $59 vs $79, so not a big difference in price.
Only for the front 4 speakers, no sub woofer, no rear shelf speakers.

Has anyone successfully installed either?
Which would be recommended?
Is the upgrade / speaker activation worth the trouble?

I have installed the EVOffer front frunk and had no issues with there support or product.
But I'm hesitant to tap into wires, or is it now plug and play?
And from what I've read on these forums Hansshow support is no existent. But their model is plug and play.

This tells me everything I need to know about these products:

“Unlock original car speaker, elevate audio quality, and experience a more beautiful singing.”
Its probably made in china and they used google translate.

I think the sound difference with the additional speakers is worth doing. I'd do the hanshow kit it seems easier. My LR sounds a ton better than my friends SR.

Reactions: Randy-12
I just did the EVOffer speaker upgrade on my 2022 MIC M3 RWD (in Australia). Yes, on right tweeter (ours are RHD) you do have to tap two wires but pretty simple. Unfortunately, in Australia, we still can't get into service mode (still geo-locked) and hence, have to tap the wire with the connector still connected.

The most difficult thing is to unplug the two connectors to the Ryzen MCU and re-plug them back in. Bloody difficult angle to work with and took me 45 minutes just on those two plugs. Otherwise all other connectors are self-explanatory. By the way, EVOffer is super helpful and responsive as always so any future projects I'll only go with them (got their auto-frunk also and works flawlessly).

And finally, the extra 4 speakers are giving me more mids. Kids and wife noticed the sound after the weekend run.

• Informative
Reactions: Randy-12
What I don't appreciate with the evoffer and Hanshow solution is that the activation of the 4 front loudspeakers is done by placing them in parallel with the dashboard loudspeakers without inserting an amplifier. This is an aberrant technical solution because:
1) the sound level of each HP is determined by their own impedance and it is not adjustable; it would be miraculous for the balance to be optimal (this is not the solution chosen by Tesla for the audio of the LRs and the Perfs.)
2) this paralleling decreases the impedance seen from the amplifier (increases its load) and the amplifier being integrated into the ECU (Tesla's computer), in the event of a problem with the audio, the ECU does not will not be covered under warranty.

I have just contacted evoffer to find out if they provided with their harness the identification of the conductors allowing to insert an amplifier for the 4 front HP ... I am pessimistic about having an answer and there will therefore be a big connector identification work to make an installation worthy of the name.
I did not find the diagrams of the connectors for the Rysen 2022 ?

Reactions: DomDeWild
What I don't appreciate with the evoffer and Hanshow solution is that the activation of the 4 front loudspeakers is done by placing them in parallel with the dashboard loudspeakers without inserting an amplifier. This is an aberrant technical solution because:
1) the sound level of each HP is determined by their own impedance and it is not adjustable; it would be miraculous for the balance to be optimal (this is not the solution chosen by Tesla for the audio of the LRs and the Perfs.)
2) this paralleling decreases the impedance seen from the amplifier (increases its load) and the amplifier being integrated into the ECU (Tesla's computer), in the event of a problem with the audio, the ECU does not will not be covered under warranty.

I have just contacted evoffer to find out if they provided with their harness the identification of the conductors allowing to insert an amplifier for the 4 front HP ... I am pessimistic about having an answer and there will therefore be a big connector identification work to make an installation worthy of the name.
I did not find the diagrams of the connectors for the Rysen 2022 ?
yes I do agree with you @Stives and at the same time, there is no easy / simple option to add an amp into RWD M3 without a lot more wiring and Tesla software override. Hence the premium price over RWD for LR and Perf. by adding the harness running parallel to the existing front dash speakers would gain the most "sound" - as long as you don't hammer the speakers all the time, as claimed on EVOffer's site as it may overload the existing setup.

I replaced the dash drivers with the Infinity drivers and the front door mid/woofers with the Focal drivers as suggested elsewhere on the forum and have been very pleased with the result. I didn't bother with the pillar speakers and tweeters. I didn't like the fake "immersive" sound when I test drove the higher end model anyway. I ended up with the SR+ as it would suit my needs and have been happy with it. The one disappointment was the sound, and I'm no longer disappointed after the driver swap.

I just did the EVOffer speaker upgrade on my 2022 MIC M3 RWD (in Australia). Yes, on right tweeter (ours are RHD) you do have to tap two wires but pretty simple. Unfortunately, in Australia, we still can't get into service mode (still geo-locked) and hence, have to tap the wire with the connector still connected.

The most difficult thing is to unplug the two connectors to the Ryzen MCU and re-plug them back in. Bloody difficult angle to work with and took me 45 minutes just on those two plugs. Otherwise all other connectors are self-explanatory. By the way, EVOffer is super helpful and responsive as always so any future projects I'll only go with them (got their auto-frunk also and works flawlessly).

And finally, the extra 4 speakers are giving me more mids. Kids and wife noticed the sound after the weekend run.
Do you have details of which wires needed to be tap to connect tweeter

I replaced the dash drivers with the Infinity drivers and the front door mid/woofers with the Focal drivers as suggested elsewhere on the forum and have been very pleased with the result. I didn't bother with the pillar speakers and tweeters. I didn't like the fake "immersive" sound when I test drove the higher end model anyway. I ended up with the SR+ as it would suit my needs and have been happy with it. The one disappointment was the sound, and I'm no longer disappointed after the driver swap.
Do you have the model number of the speakers or maybe a link?

They were the Infinity Ref 4032 for the dash and the Focal ISU200 for the doors. They are both available at Crutchfield and others.

You also need to get brackets and connectors and these were from AmpedGarage.com. If you have a 3D printer you can make them yourself but you'll have to search for the file needed.

Crutchfield tends to be expensive but they offer drivers with everything needed for other makes of cars, and the extra you pay may be worth it. For a Tesla though you won't get the extras but will still pay their full price. I bought speakers from them for a Toyota and it was the whole package, brackets, wires, connectors, instructions, and this was worth it.

Reactions: Blayzejlm
Do you have details of which wires needed to be tap to connect tweeter
Yes but it is for MIC 2022 RWD. So wiring might differ. Driver side A pillar panel (right hand side) red wire. Just 1 wire to posi-tap. Please check with EVOffer on what variant your car is as different year will have different harness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106-195624.png
    Screenshot_20230106-195624.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 425