Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Streams constantly skips halfway through

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my guess is that lte is having stability problems.

and I dont think its car updates, either! I have refused all updates since before xmas of last year (I'm still on the ancient non3d style car image UI).

and yet, songs stop midway, it searches for the network and gets another song, eventually.

network problems at the server or service level. not the car, pretty sure (since I have not updated).

Reactions: adayley and GtiMart
I have run into LTE issues over the years, but lately this has happened to me repeatedly while playing a specific favorited song at the exact same point. That would point to the streaming service over an LTE issue. Anyone else notice that? I'm waiting for said song to come up again so I can document specifics.

Yup same here, I have all the bars of "LTE" shown on the screen, but songs via the Tesla streaming app will skip after only playing a few seconds. My wife thinks it's because Tesla didn't pay for the full rights to some songs and is only playing a few seconds to get around paying royalties. While this seems absurd, it is plausible since it seems there is no "fix" for this :(

Reactions: fiatlux
How are more people not reporting this issue. For me it seems like it's getting worse. Sometimes it pauses or skips every other song. It is completely unacceptable considering I'm paying a monthly fee for this. And of course, no way to report this issue to Tesla. I scheduled an appointment for it, but there's no availability for a month. What a joke.

It seems in my case to be songs that are cached with errors. If there was a function where they could remotely clear your music cache, and just allow your playlist to rebuild from a good connection it could fix it. Does the 12v battery and under seat connector disconnect reset cache?

This is getting worse and is extremely annoying. Tried resetting both the entertainment only (two button press), and full reset (two buttons and brake pedal while parked). Neither helped.

I estimate the around 1 in 4 songs hangs/skips after the first 10-30 seconds. This happens regardless of the bars of LTE, including at full signal.

Very frustrating. I hope Tesla fixes this!