Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio system changed to 13 speakers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But previously it said "14 speakers, 1 subwoofer..." now it says "13 speakers, 1 subwoofer..."

I don't know the previous layout of the cabin speakers, but I'd assume if there were 2 close together somewhere in the centerline of the car, they might have replaced that with a single speaker. That's pure guessing, though.

Edit:
Found this speaker layout. Almost certain that the center dash tweeter/midrange units were switched to a single unit:

View attachment 745619
Is it just me or am I blind because it is late...but doesn't this new updated layout have more speakers than the original layout?

More detail from Sawyer Merritt:

• Updated Speaker Count: There are now 13 speakers (from 14) plus subwoofer: Tesla has removed the center instrument panel speaker.

Tesla says they did this to reduce complexity and redundancy with no appreciable difference in sound quality, and the new speaker set up gives them more flexibility in the future or sound audio improvement they said.

Lol... don't listen TY their marketing. You design an entire system around having a center channel, then take it away, it is certainly going to have an effect on the sound. Perhaps not the quality, per se, but certainly in the imaging and Soundstage depth.

Lol... don't listen TY their marketing. You design an entire system around having a center channel, then take it away, it is certainly going to have an effect on the sound. Perhaps not the quality, per se, but certainly in the imaging and Soundstage depth.
I saw in an image that the center speaker has 2 units. My guess is they took the small smeaker out, and put it ouside :cool:

Without joking: I don’t think you really hear the difference, since there’s still one speaker in the center.

Attachments

• A5E7AAF8-BB7C-4DAE-84E8-46B14FB7C2BF.jpeg
    A5E7AAF8-BB7C-4DAE-84E8-46B14FB7C2BF.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 788