Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio system crashes when making call over bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting about a month ago I started having this bug where when I make a call through Bluetooth the system freezes up a bit and then crashes. Once this happens the audio system will not play any sounds, music, blinker, Autopilot start/stop, Early warning collision, or beeping when parking. The problem persists until I do a scroll wheel reset. I've tried triggering a bug report but the microphone also stops working. I have a Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9) and an Iphone 8 (13.5.1).

To attempt to fix the issues I've removed all devices from the Bluetooth menu and forgot the car on my device and then tried to repair. Switching from my Note 8 to my Iphone 8 also didn't make a difference. Still getting the same result.

Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?
Yes - same problem, except it will come back after a bit, with all the volumes up - IPhone XR

Given the similar timing you guys are experiencing this, if after a software update, have you rebooted the system (two scroll wheels). Surprisingly it has cleared up things for me on occasion when I didn’t think it would. I see OP has and said it cleared it but sounds like it keeps reappearing, maybe after you leave the car and it shuts down? OP since you’ve noticed more odd behavior than just audio, what about power cycling the car?

I’m on 20.12 and not experiencing any issues using my phone thru bluetooth and using the audio system but I’m using an iPhone so another variable.
Yes, I have rebooted, still doing it. Last 2 software updates

As posted previously the fix will be in 2020.24. Yet the people with the issue that require the fix still don't have it available. Surely if your affected by this bug it should be made available to you with some priority. Nevertheless Tesla doesn't feel this way and more than 2000 cars have it elsewhere and only 23 in Australia. (From teslafi). My thoughts are that local technicians should have some ability to do something like pushing an update if available and required but that skill is reserved for technicians in USA.

Starting about a month ago I started having this bug where when I make a call through Bluetooth the system freezes up a bit and then crashes. Once this happens the audio system will not play any sounds, music, blinker, Autopilot start/stop, Early warning collision, or beeping when parking. The problem persists until I do a scroll wheel reset. I've tried triggering a bug report but the microphone also stops working. I have a Galaxy Note 8 (Android 9) and an Iphone 8 (13.5.1).

To attempt to fix the issues I've removed all devices from the Bluetooth menu and forgot the car on my device and then tried to repair. Switching from my Note 8 to my Iphone 8 also didn't make a difference. Still getting the same result.

Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

im having the exact same problem!!!

After more testing, with the newly installed computer, the problem persisted. I received 2020.24.6.1 on Saturday morning and since then the issue has gone away. I suspected a software bug from the start. But was hoping new hardware and fresh install of 2020.20.12 would possibly be a fix.

So for everyone else having the same issue, wait it out until you receive 2020.24.6.1 and hopefully that will fix the issues for you all as well.

Comparable issue here also. iPhone XS: when i try and make a call immediately upon getting into the car/within a few min of driving, there is no ring tone, and no audio even though person on receiving end of phone call can hear me. After most recent update, ring tone played, but then KEPT playing through the call after it had been answered. 2Finger reset fixes things for the duration of the drive only. LR RWD

This is exactly the same issue I am currently having. Playing music through bluetooth works just fine though. It's just phone calls.

I have had the same things with all the folks in this thread here. Happened about a month ago or so. Had to do a soft reset on interstate since the Audio just quit after picking up a phone call...strange...It was fine for a week or two then happened again. I have seen from other sources that performing a soft reset using both scroll wheels on a weekly basis help these type of bugs tremendously. Hoping 2020.24 will fix the issue nonetheless. Still patiently waiting...

I have the same issue on a MY but forgot about it since there hasn't been much driving on my end but was reminded of it once I saw this thread. I received the 2020.24.6.1 update over a week ago and will try it today to see if it works now.

Same problem happens to me on 2020.20.12. When you attempt to make a phone call, everything audio related crashes and you can't hear any turn signals sounds too. Eventually it just resets itself and is ok. But it's annoying when it happens.