TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audio system upgraded

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by antochat, Mar 19, 2013.

1. antochat

antochat Pearl White P85

There has been a lot of discussion about the mediocre sound from the "studio audio system" and how to modify it. My question is has anyone actually upgraded the speakers, added an amp and subwoofer yet? And if so how do you like it?

2. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Haven't heard of any actual upgrades, but mine goes in next Friday for a major upgrade. There are a number of projects ongoing now, so news should come soon. You should reference the other threads on this to follow their outcomes. Just search "audio" on the board.

Sent via Tapatalk

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I think a few are being modified right now but I haven't seen the end results yet. The latest I saw was DrTaras' in this thread http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/14877-Dr-Taras-Model-S-gets-customized! if you follow the facebook links to Al & Ed's, they disassembled the vehicles, extracted the speakers, and posted pics of them up on Al & Ed's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Al.Eds.WH and called them crap $0.01 speakers (no idea is this was standard audio or studio audio package though), and that fb pic had a comment about putting Focal speakers in http://www.facebook.com/pages/Focal/48537863627

4. spatterso911

Yes! I'm very interested in how Dr. Taras' Model S comes together in all arenas. That said, I have a tremendous amount of faith in Reus Audio and their phenomenal team. I'm looking forward to the end results of my TAT (Tesla Audio Transformation).

5. Adstein

Adstein Member

I have Reus system in my Boxster and it is both fantastic and totally non invasive to the car. Just spoke to the folks at Reus and they have an upgrade designed for the Model S that they say is even better than the Boxster. Based on my experience I take them at their word and agreed to have them do an install on the spot. Will report back but highly recommend them.

6. spatterso911

Spoke with Cliff today. My car is ready and he said it sounds phenomenal. Should be able to field test in a couple of days when I get back in town. Mine is the car they referred to when they told you about the Model S system.

7. rekoh

rekoh Member

would love details of what / how they did what they did.. and of course pictures are fun!

8. Andvib

Andvib Member

Eager to hear of results!! The wait for this car is unbearable..;)

9. antochat

antochat Pearl White P85

yes, eager to hear your report!

10. ZestyChicken

ZestyChicken Member

How does Reus work? I went to their website and was pretty lost as to how you would even contract with them. It looks like they have sites in California and Houston???

Do they send you the equipment and you have a local dealer complete the install?

11. spatterso911

I believe they send their tech out to you.

Sent via Tapatalk