Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio system upgraded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

antochat

Pearl White P85
Oct 25, 2012
Portland OR
There has been a lot of discussion about the mediocre sound from the "studio audio system" and how to modify it. My question is has anyone actually upgraded the speakers, added an amp and subwoofer yet? And if so how do you like it?

There has been a lot of discussion about the mediocre sound from the "studio audio system" and how to modify it. My question is has anyone actually upgraded the speakers, added an amp and subwoofer yet? And if so how do you like it?

Haven't heard of any actual upgrades, but mine goes in next Friday for a major upgrade. There are a number of projects ongoing now, so news should come soon. You should reference the other threads on this to follow their outcomes. Just search "audio" on the board.

Sent via Tapatalk

I think a few are being modified right now but I haven't seen the end results yet. The latest I saw was DrTaras' in this thread http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/14877-Dr-Taras-Model-S-gets-customized! if you follow the facebook links to Al & Ed's, they disassembled the vehicles, extracted the speakers, and posted pics of them up on Al & Ed's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Al.Eds.WH and called them crap $0.01 speakers (no idea is this was standard audio or studio audio package though), and that fb pic had a comment about putting Focal speakers in http://www.facebook.com/pages/Focal/48537863627

Yes! I'm very interested in how Dr. Taras' Model S comes together in all arenas. That said, I have a tremendous amount of faith in Reus Audio and their phenomenal team. I'm looking forward to the end results of my TAT (Tesla Audio Transformation).

I have Reus system in my Boxster and it is both fantastic and totally non invasive to the car. Just spoke to the folks at Reus and they have an upgrade designed for the Model S that they say is even better than the Boxster. Based on my experience I take them at their word and agreed to have them do an install on the spot. Will report back but highly recommend them.

I have Reus system in my Boxster and it is both fantastic and totally non invasive to the car. Just spoke to the folks at Reus and they have an upgrade designed for the Model S that they say is even better than the Boxster. Based on my experience I take them at their word and agreed to have them do an install on the spot. Will report back but highly recommend them.

Spoke with Cliff today. My car is ready and he said it sounds phenomenal. Should be able to field test in a couple of days when I get back in town. Mine is the car they referred to when they told you about the Model S system.

How does Reus work? I went to their website and was pretty lost as to how you would even contract with them. It looks like they have sites in California and Houston???

Do they send you the equipment and you have a local dealer complete the install?