Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio upgrade for Model S with standard package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have or know what i can do to improve the crap sub part audio package of the Model S? I have a CPO P85+ with standard audio and my 10 year old BMW sounds better than this car that costs 3x as much. Can i get better sound by just changing speakers? will that help to improve some bass?

NVX sells a model S subwoofer kit that will at least add the bass, it's pretty decent addition if your just looking for more bass. There was another company that was selling replacement speakers for the doors and I had those as well and was pretty happy...nothing like the custom systems I did in a previous life but ok for a stock replacement.

NVX sells a model S subwoofer kit that will at least add the bass, it's pretty decent addition if your just looking for more bass. There was another company that was selling replacement speakers for the doors and I had those as well and was pretty happy...nothing like the custom systems I did in a previous life but ok for a stock replacement.

I looked at the light harmonic kit and from what i have read and researched, they are not as good quality as they say they are. For one thing, it weighs more. The OEM's are lighter and use better components. I think i will look up the sub kit like you mentioned to at least add some bass - but little annoyed how crap quality they went with such an expensive car. Theyshould just have one audio package for all.

I'm thinking of going focal speakers all around and maybe a slim subwoofer on left side of the trunk. What do you guys think ?

exactly what i got. focal speakers + JL audio's pancake sub on the right side of the trunk hole

I still think its not as good as the premium audio though sigh. i kinda want a redo of my car and get another one to pick the options I really want. I guess i will wait for a model S refresh

exactly what i got. focal speakers + JL audio's pancake sub on the right side of the trunk hole

I still think its not as good as the premium audio though sigh. i kinda want a redo of my car and get another one to pick the options I really want. I guess i will wait for a model S refresh

its hard to get a word on price vs outcome over the internet. The fact that you state its not as good as the premium sound tells me its as good as its gonna get. How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking? All i really want is some clear audio.. Bass could be a nice to have.