Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio upgrade in San Diego?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all -

anyone recommend a shop in San Diego to upgrade the audio. Not too happy with studio sound but don't want to spend a ton of cash upgrading. Please advise.

Thanks!

We will be more than happy to adsorb the expense to have your car transported to West Hollywood and back once we are done with our Audiophile upgrade. Please contact me directly so I can discuss our options with you.

Hi everyone -
Thank you for all the advice.
Dadaleus - I'm in Encinitas and not too far from you. I have been following your car as well as dr Taras'. They look amazing. However, I don't plan to spend the large amount of money For the upgrade as dr taras. Did you go to the Tesla meet this weekend? I was out of town but will catch up next time.

Logan - Thanks for the information. I did actually contact both of those places and I'm waiting to hear back. I did hear that La Jolla audio has worked on two s' so far. Did you happen to upgrade the audio from La Jolla audio? I'm curious as to what was done.

AE - I did email you earlier but I wasn't informed of any lower budget or mid budget options.

Thanks all.

Hi everyone -
Dadaleus - I'm in Encinitas and not too far from you. I have been following your car as well as dr Taras'. They look amazing. However, I don't plan to spend the large amount of money For the upgrade as dr taras. Did you go to the Tesla meet this weekend? I was out of town but will catch up next time.

Logan - Thanks for the information. I did actually contact both of those places and I'm waiting to hear back. I did hear that La Jolla audio has worked on two s' so far. Did you happen to upgrade the audio from La Jolla audio? I'm curious as to what was done.

AE - I did email you earlier but I wasn't informed of any lower budget or mid budget options.

Thanks all.

I have worked with La Jolla audio in the past, though not with my Model S. I had a top of the line custom system installed in my S63 and Challenger SRT8 using Focal, Audison, and JL Audio components. Everything turned out absolutely amazing on both cars. I haven't decided if I want to do anything with my Model S yet. A friend had some work done on his Model S and it turned out really well. They primarily cater to very high end cars so I really trust them.

Hi everyone -

You're welcome! I totally understand about budget. Ian went all out. Elie's prices seemed perfectly reasonable for what I chose. I'm guessing for whatever system you want you'll pay about the same for someone here as for A&E W.H. i'm also guessing Elie will do whichever system you want, but i'll leave that to him. Personally I'm happy with the audio but did a bunch of other stuff. Feel free to swing by if you want to take a look sometime! Just drop me a PM.

Sounds great and will do! Wild love to check out the car and share info.
I will keep you posted. I think a bit1 and a decent amp with better rear speakers should do the trick.

You're welcome! I totally understand about budget. Ian went all out. Elie's prices seemed perfectly reasonable for what I chose. I'm guessing for whatever system you want you'll pay about the same for someone here as for A&E W.H. i'm also guessing Elie will do whichever system you want, but i'll leave that to him. Personally I'm happy with the audio but did a bunch of other stuff. Feel free to swing by if you want to take a look sometime! Just drop me a PM.

Ditto. I've got the standard system. It's below my Fender system in my VW Passat. I'd like to upgrade as well, but want to do it at a reasonable price (and by reasonable, if I had thought Tesla's audio upgrade was worth it, I would have done it, but thought that was overpriced). So, I'm looking in the realm below $1.5K, which I would "think" would get me some awesome sound..

Any update to this? Just curious if the local audio upgrade went well.

My standard audio is just lacking on the low end. Not looking for too much stuff done.