Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Volume lower after last update?

sgmorton

Dec 22, 2016
Baytown,Tx
I have the UHFS and I noticed that I was having to turn the volume up to 6 or 7 to hear the music over the tire noise. Normally I would keep it at a 4 or 5. I went to the EQ settings and now it maxes out at 8.0 am I remembering that it used to be a 10.0 at max on the Eq? just curious if I am the only one I need service or not?

Sam

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
One answer I've heard is that because the max range is now 8 dB plus/minus, you can use the max if you need to, and then you can push your volume up a bit to compensate (raise your baseline). I've not seen anybody say why the the change from 12 to 8.

sgmorton

Dec 22, 2016
Baytown,Tx
One answer I've heard is that because the max range is now 8 dB plus/minus, you can use the max if you need to, and then you can push your volume up a bit to compensate (raise your baseline). I've not seen anybody say why the the change from 12 to 8.

Well I for one hate it. It took all of the oomph from my sound and flattened the curve.

Reactions: selfbp

trayloader

Nov 21, 2016
GERMANY
Instead of fiddling around with this they should, after 6(!) years finally offer us a loudness option furthermore based on the speed. Every 15k car offers this standard.
The old, 7.1 fader worked in realtime so You heard what You set. Now since 8 you have to lift Your finger.
What dumb***f**s work at the software and U.I. department?
What a letdown.

Reactions: Ande

Kano

Feb 13, 2018
Bay Area
Please, everyone, report this as an issue. Maybe they'll bring the older equalizer back if enough owners make a stink. Our UHFS sounds awful now.

Where's the best place to report this?
My model x is suffering the same issue... Sounds awful now :(

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC