Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

audiobooks and music won't play through my Tesla's audio system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone 12 and 2108 S 75D. I can make and receive phone calls thought the Tesla audio system, but audible books, podcasts and music generate no sound. I have forgotten my iPhone (on the phone and the Tesla) and re-paired. I have rebooted the screen and also done a full reboot (hold down the brake and the two steering wheel buttons). The Tesla shows up on my iPhone as the audio output device, lets still no sound.

Any ideas?

I have an iPhone 12 and 2108 S 75D. I can make and receive phone calls thought the Tesla audio system, but audible books, podcasts and music generate no sound. I have forgotten my iPhone (on the phone and the Tesla) and re-paired. I have rebooted the screen and also done a full reboot (hold down the brake and the two steering wheel buttons). The Tesla shows up on my iPhone as the audio output device, lets still no sound.

Any ideas?
I also have a 2018 S 76D and iPhone 12. Are you selecting Bluetooth, then choose media from phone. Select your phone, make sure it’s connected to Bluetooth.

As far as I know, I'm connected to Bluetooth, because I can make and received phone calls through the Tesla audio system. Or, is there two Bluetooth connections I need to deal with?
When you pair your phone via Bluetooth, it used to be possible to pair calls/contacts only, media only, or both (the default). I don't know if those options are still there, but check the Bluetooth settings in the car to make sure media is selected.

As @Kitchenchem said earlier, you have to select Bluetooth as the audio source in the car in order to play media from your connected phone.

Any ideas?
There is a Bluetooth tab in the menu, you will have to press it to play music from your phone. It no longer does it automatically