TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Audi's new ELR killer

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by 30seconds, Jul 15, 2014.

1. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

2. Ocelot

Ocelot Member

As a current A3 owner who loves his car, I will check this out when it comes to Canada. I would not be surprised if this is available three years before gen 3 hits Canada, and could possibly 'tide me over'.

3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

How can you kill what is already dead?

4. derekt75

derekt75 Member

[Greyjoy]
    What is dead may never die.
    [/Greyjoy]

5. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

I don't want either because they have dirty ICE's but I think I'd take the ELR on looks.

6. green1

green1 Active Member

That was my thought, there's no need to kill the ELR, it was still-born. Nobody wanted it to start with.

7. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

From that article:
    Wait. What?? A German car on sale in Germany for Germans with a top speed of only 130mph? Shocking! How is such a thing even possible, if you were to listen to all the Model S naysayers on here from Germany.
    </sarcasm>

Good ackowledgement that even German car manufacturers recognize that a top speed of 130mph is fast enough for the Autobahn.

8. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Looks like Audi may have already missed the ELR window. Now that the ELR is discounted into the mid 50s I think it becomes a much nicer car than a bottom of the line Audi