TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Audubon's Xcellent 1-day adventure

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AudubonB, Jan 11, 2016.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

With a tip o' the Tesla Cap to Bonnie both for arrogating her thread title and subverting it to my own use.

A very nice person (Thank You Very Much, Mr or Mrs or Ms Anonymous) invited Jenny and me (and Aurora and Borealis) to drool over his or her Model X today - and to take it out for a Ludicrous, Autonomous-driven spin.

Wow.

Oh, and nice car, too! In fact, and hour and a half of Wows.

Everyone else has an opinion and insight as to the Model X so I'll conclude this short-for-me missive by saying that

1. For me, the car feels tight in a way that exceeds the Model S and defies the vehicle's size.

2. Its interior seems cavernous even by our normal ride: the Big box that is the interior of our Crew Cab F-350.

3. The airiness supplied by the combination of the monstrous windshield, the "skylights" (what does Tesla call them) of the middle-rear, and the falcon-wing doors is surpassed only by a rag-top...in its non-Alaska mode ;)

4. And - of paramount importance to us - its entry/exit accessibility AND its interior floor and seat space for Aurora and the now permanently-pawdicapped Borealis is all we have hoped it could be and better.

So it gets a rating from us of:

Eight paws and Four thumbs up!

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Flattered, subvert away :).

I totally agree with your assessment, especially #1. It's an amazing vehicle.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

And a couple wags too, I bet!

4. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Sorry to jump in on AudubonB's thread, Bonnie did you every post your color choice for your Founders Edition? I looked through your twitter feed but didn't see anything.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I haven't configured yet. I will in the next month. Leaning towards white, but not sure. Just got off the phone with my son, discussing colors. I have the luxury of being able to see several X in person before having to finalize, but still knowing I'll get a Founders.

6. Roamer

Roamer Member

AudubonB, Absolutely enjoyed your visit. Tesla builds some nice cars but even better are the fun and interesting people you get to meet.

The road salt and grime is washed off now and it looks a little better.

Just received another request to visit and see the car.

7. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Well, I guess the cat is out of bag as to who Mr Anonymous is! :)

8. CarlK

CarlK Member

#8 CarlK, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    It's efreshing to hear someone really liked this I'm sure a superb car. So tired of hering all those nitpicks from people who have not even sit in one.

9. 1208

1208 Active Member

Good to hear Audubon!

Well done Roamer for your generosity!

You mention the spaciousness of the second row, I have seen photos from the front row looking out, it would be great to see a photo looking out form the 2nd row.

10. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

Fully agree with AudubonB's assessment and special thanks to Roamer for his generosity/time in letting us see and drive his X yesterday. Definitely helped us with deciding to go with the 6 seat configuration (in fact our interior will be identical to his). Was also our first experience with Autopilot since that is not possible with our S. Very much enjoyed it and now just need to finalize our configuration. :biggrin: