TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aug 11th, So Cal Roadster Meetup

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Bunnak, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

There will be a So Cal roadster get together next month on Sunday, August 11th at the Malibu Country Mart at 9:00am. There is plenty of parking by the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf along with several restaurants and fast service places for people to grab a bit to eat. There are also several Level 2 chargers close by. Thank you @DrComputer for your suggestions. I will be driving from Irvine/OC so if any of you want to caravan please PM me. So far about a dozen roadster owners have expressed an interest in this event. And you don't have to own a roadster in order to attend.

2. da2ny

da2ny 2010 Roadster Sport Twilight Blue #913

A number of the municipal parking lots in Santa Monica have chargers. Also in Beverly Hills City lots.

3. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Thx for organizing this, @Bunnak / @DrComputer! I hope I can make it. Tagging as many SoCal Roadster folks as possible below (feel free to add others):

@AEdennis
    @AltPowr
    @andrewLA
    @Bunnak
    @Carl W
    @coolVariable
    @da2ny
    @DrComputer
    @DRM
    @EricUSC
    @ExecMotorwerkz
    @Gary1M
    @ggr
    @gwagen27
    @Hsujonn
    @m1k3
    @Pantera Dude
    @Peter.h
    @pkoslyn
    @Roadster
    @roadster348
    @RobsJester
    @rudholm
    @rudy sanchez
    @samcarney
    @Stewie26
    @Tesla 940
    @Timothy

We may also want to figure out a cruise route from there. PCH north to Ventura is always stunning but there are also some great canyon roads. Also, if any of you are pro photographers, this will hopefully make for a great photo op!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S->X->M3-->R2020?

This is awesome! Warms my heart!
    @Bunnak are you the one that also posted in our @TeslaRoadster Facebook group?
    Also, @Bunnak , can you tell us more about your stolen roadster you mention in your signature?

• Like x 1
  5. Timothy

Timothy Driving on Sunshine

Sounds great! A cruise to Ventura is a big plus as it is on the way home for me--and I am on call that weekend unless I can trade it off!

• Like x 1
  6. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Yes @DrTaras I'm the one that posted on Facebook regarding our roadster meet up Aug 11th. You can read all about my stolen roadster in the thread "2010 Roadster sport stolen in Converse Texas". I'm a newbie here so I don't know how to post the link. It was eventually recovered and is now up for auction (link is in that thread).

• Like x 1
  7. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  8. coolVariable

coolVariable Member

I will be there.

• Like x 1
  9. AltPowr

AltPowr Member

I'm going to try and make it also.

• Like x 1
  10. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Ok... My wife's Roadster is on its way to Gruber for a fix... :eek:

Hoping to still make it... Fingers crossed!

11. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

12. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Got an OVMS alert when the battery dropped below 20% in the garage.

Plugged it in, and it charged to 68% and it stopped...

restarted and ended around 80%, was able to get it restarted and going to 85%...

But had to finagle quite a bit. Strong suspicion that it's the PEM and tried charging on two of our Level 2 chargers and the Yellow Level 1...

Today, it was picked up and enroute to Gruber. Will get more details later.