Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aug 11th, So Cal Roadster Meetup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will be a So Cal roadster get together next month on Sunday, August 11th at the Malibu Country Mart at 9:00am. There is plenty of parking by the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf along with several restaurants and fast service places for people to grab a bit to eat. There are also several Level 2 chargers close by. Thank you @DrComputer for your suggestions. I will be driving from Irvine/OC so if any of you want to caravan please PM me. So far about a dozen roadster owners have expressed an interest in this event. And you don't have to own a roadster in order to attend.

Thx for organizing this, @Bunnak / @DrComputer! I hope I can make it. Tagging as many SoCal Roadster folks as possible below (feel free to add others):

@AEdennis
@AltPowr
@andrewLA
@Bunnak
@Carl W
@coolVariable
@da2ny
@DrComputer
@DRM
@EricUSC
@ExecMotorwerkz
@Gary1M
@ggr
@gwagen27
@Hsujonn
@m1k3
@Pantera Dude
@Peter.h
@pkoslyn
@Roadster
@roadster348
@RobsJester
@rudholm
@rudy sanchez
@samcarney
@Stewie26
@Tesla 940
@Timothy

We may also want to figure out a cruise route from there. PCH north to Ventura is always stunning but there are also some great canyon roads. Also, if any of you are pro photographers, this will hopefully make for a great photo op!

• Love
Reactions: DeedWest and Bunnak
There will be a So Cal roadster get together next month on Sunday, August 11th at the Malibu Country Mart at 9:00am. There is plenty of parking by the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf along with several restaurants and fast service places for people to grab a bit to eat. There are also several Level 2 chargers close by. Thank you @DrComputer for your suggestions. I will be driving from Irvine/OC so if any of you want to caravan please PM me. So far about a dozen roadster owners have expressed an interest in this event. And you don't have to own a roadster in order to attend.
This is awesome! Warms my heart!
@Bunnak are you the one that also posted in our @TeslaRoadster Facebook group?
Also, @Bunnak , can you tell us more about your stolen roadster you mention in your signature?

Reactions: Bunnak
This is awesome! Warms my heart!
@Bunnak are you the one that also posted in our @TeslaRoadster Facebook group?
Also, @Bunnak , can you tell us more about your stolen roadster you mention in your signature?

Yes @DrTaras I'm the one that posted on Facebook regarding our roadster meet up Aug 11th. You can read all about my stolen roadster in the thread "2010 Roadster sport stolen in Converse Texas". I'm a newbie here so I don't know how to post the link. It was eventually recovered and is now up for auction (link is in that thread).

Reactions: DrTaras
What happened?

Got an OVMS alert when the battery dropped below 20% in the garage.

Plugged it in, and it charged to 68% and it stopped...

restarted and ended around 80%, was able to get it restarted and going to 85%...

But had to finagle quite a bit. Strong suspicion that it's the PEM and tried charging on two of our Level 2 chargers and the Yellow Level 1...

Today, it was picked up and enroute to Gruber. Will get more details later.

Thx for organizing this, @Bunnak / @DrComputer! I hope I can make it. Tagging as many SoCal Roadster folks as possible below (feel free to add others):

@AEdennis
@AltPowr
@andrewLA
@Bunnak
@Carl W
@coolVariable
@da2ny
@DrComputer
@DRM
@EricUSC
@ExecMotorwerkz
@Gary1M
@ggr
@gwagen27
@Hsujonn
@m1k3
@Pantera Dude
@Peter.h
@pkoslyn
@Roadster
@roadster348
@RobsJester
@rudholm
@rudy sanchez
@samcarney
@Stewie26
@Tesla 940
@Timothy

We may also want to figure out a cruise route from there. PCH north to Ventura is always stunning but there are also some great canyon roads. Also, if any of you are pro photographers, this will hopefully make for a great photo op!

If you're interested in attending the roadster meet up on August 11th please PM with your email address and I can forward you the event details. The event is open only to current roadster owners and their guest. The location has changed (no longer in Malibu) so definitely don't show up there. Thanks @DrComputer for putting this together.