Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August 2021 Order date friends discussing their new Teslas Y's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've put over 2000 miles on our Y since we got it. Traveled across one of the largest DC charger deserts in the US. We've learned a lot!
Worst thing was phantom braking, which, it appears, has been largely fixed with the latest (to us) update.
Passed 2000 miles last night...I have had 2 phantom braking episodes, one was last night with my wife in the car. She is already really skittish when autopilot is on....it did not help her skittishness. Both of mine took place when it came upon semi-trucks parked on the side of the road one I was in the lane immediately left of it, and last night there was a lane in between us.

Reactions: DrGriz
I ordered mine in August 2021, but it's still not here. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of delay?
Yes. We're in the same boat. OD 8/28/2021 MY AWD LR White/White 7 seat with Tow, No FSD. EDD was Dec2021-Jan2022, then March 2022, then June - July 2022, and now Aug - October 2022. We would like to get a Model Y with 4680 batteries and certainly hope that Fremont is building with 4680 - not just Austin. Anyone else in a similar delay cycle?

Yes. We're in the same boat. OD 8/28/2021 MY AWD LR White/White 7 seat with Tow, No FSD. EDD was Dec2021-Jan2022, then March 2022, then June - July 2022, and now Aug - October 2022. We would like to get a Model Y with 4680 batteries and certainly hope that Fremont is building with 4680 - not just Austin. Anyone else in a similar delay cycle?
I know they said they were going to start going off of the order date, but are you certain your profile is complete? It seems as if it may not be. Otherwise, it makes no sense that you are still waiting.

Reactions: DrGriz
I know they said they were going to start going off of the order date, but are you certain your profile is complete? It seems as if it may not be. Otherwise, it makes no sense that you are still waiting.
I ordered 8/30. MYLR MSM black 19" 7-seats tow no fsd. Current EDD is 6/15-7/27. I have had two two-week ranges back in Feb-Mar, then it went I to TBD for a few weeks. Came out for May-June delivery and been at June-July now for a few weeks.

I ordered 8/30. MYLR MSM black 19" 7-seats tow no fsd. Current EDD is 6/15-7/27. I have had two two-week ranges back in Feb-Mar, then it went I to TBD for a few weeks. Came out for May-June delivery and been at June-July now for a few weeks.
That is absolutely ridiculous. I thought my wait was too long. If you didn't hold, or accidentally delay your profile completion, I have no idea what they are doing and I am very sorry you are waiting this long...October orders are being delivered.

That is absolutely ridiculous. I thought my wait was too long. If you didn't hold, or accidentally delay your profile completion, I have no idea what they are doing and I am very sorry you are waiting this long...October orders are being delivered.
My order just moved out again. It's now 7/15-8/31. 8/30 will be my order anniversary. Starting to think that I should pick up an EV6 and be done with it.

Yes. I called Tesla to inquire if I was incomplete in any step. They said VIN assignment will hopefully be in July. I’ve heard others waiting over 12 months. Really looking forward to driving the Model Y.

Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey everyone! I ordered my MYLR Grey Exterior, white interior, Tow hitch, 5 seats, no FSD. I ordered in mid August 2021. I live in Iowa. My initial EDD was February 2022 then slowly got pushed back. Accepted financing when my EDD was May 2022 in March 2022. Then just last week it changed to May 28-June 11. Then this morning, only 8 days out, changed to the furthest it has every been. 9/1-10/13. Does this happen often? If it gets delivered in October, that will have been 14 months. Also, my loan offer is only good until July, will they honor it past that if they are the ones pushing it back? Any advice would be appreciated!
Change your order to cash instead of financing