Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats man! I am excited as well, I hope we get a VIN next week!, just curious do you get an email, text or does it show on the Tesla website only?
I opened the app on my phone, and it appeared just below the RN in the top left corner of the app. I immediately logged into the website, and it was on the Manage page, just below the RN number. No contact from Tesla yet, other than the website / app showing it to me.

Reactions: Tinaatwt
So Interesting observation I am seeing on the Model Y Order page, MYLR order defaults to 20" Wheels with an estimated delivery of June, when you change it to 19" it moves to Oct
Similar things happen when you switch exterior color from White/ Silver to Blue, Black or Red
I also tried adding White Interior and it does move Delivery to June instead of Oct with all other default configs

I always had a theory that If you buy a basic model with nothing extra, you will not be on priority VS ordering at least one extra addon, but that is just a theory!

So Interesting observation I am seeing on the Model Y Order page, MYLR order defaults to 20" Wheels with an estimated delivery of June, when you change it to 19" it moves to Oct
Similar things happen when you switch exterior color from White/ Silver to Blue, Black or Red
Other configurations do not seem to change anything
Now that new free paint option also shows up as Oct it is clear it isn’t any supply chain issues delaying the cheapest Y to Oct. Spending even a thousand more reduces estimated delivery by 4 months!

On the VIN appearing: I got a message on the app page about ‘a change to your order’ and it was the VIN appearing and it now saying 2022 Model year (which I assume is all production after November 1, same as that info about all 3’s after Nov 1 will have heated steering wheels for 2022, etc.) I also got a ‘pre delivery email’ with ‘how to pick up your car’, with details of the touchless process, etc. No delivery date/time, but everything I will need besides that.

On the VIN appearing: I got a message on the app page about ‘a change to your order’ and it was the VIN appearing and it now saying 2022 Model year (which I assume is all production after November 1, same as that info about all 3’s after Nov 1 will have heated steering wheels for 2022, etc.) I also got a ‘pre delivery email’ with ‘how to pick up your car’, with details of the touchless process, etc. No delivery date/time, but everything I will need besides that.
This Is so helpful thanks

Reactions: neoY and boaterva
Now that new free paint option also shows up as Oct it is clear it isn’t any supply chain issues delaying the cheapest Y to Oct. Spending even a thousand more reduces estimated delivery by 4 months!
I’m reading there’s a limited supply of blue / red / black paint, hence dropping silver to no cost. I paid for silver alas, but avoided the base upper. This is just a bunch.

I don’t live in NY but heads up, per my agent here in OH, she said Teslas insurance is more expensive, even here I could be paying 25% more monthly
Time to get a new agent. My insurance quote is a whole $12/mo higher with the Tesla, coming from a 2011 Nissan Altima. We are in UT, but I would expect favorable rates if you shop it around. Don’t accept a 25% increase. That’s nuts.

Reactions: eric.freeman