Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, my OD was 8/1 and I've been sitting on 11/29 - 12/27 for over a month. My SA estimated second week of December for delivery.

I understand the frustration of that 28 day window. With an August 1st order date, you deserve your EDD before mine. You should definitely get you meal first since you were already seated when I walked in the restaurant.

I'm such a believer in fairness and equity that I totally think that anyone who ordered before me deserves to get theirs first. Elon has other ideas, unfortunately.

I understand the frustration of that 28 day window. With an August 1st order date, you deserve your EDD before mine. You should definitely get you meal first since you were already seated when I walked in the restaurant.

I'm such a believer in fairness and equity that I totally think that anyone who ordered before me deserves to get theirs first. Elon has other ideas, unfortunately.
Especially the May and June dates. Although, I believe the last two May's (at least on this forum) just got VINs

Reactions: Spandrel
I don't think that it has anything to do with fairness or not. It has everything to do with complexity. Depending on your exact order (colors, addons, etc.) COMBINED with your delivery location will change when you get your order. I really doubt that Elon is like "f**k this guy, we're going to make sure he gets his a few weeks late". It is far more likely that his or her exact specs meant that his or her car entered the production queue later because they didn't have MSM in the paint machine yet, and they aren't going to empty out the paint machine between EVERY SINGLE CAR. They're going to do a batch of X number of cars that all have the same specs, then switch up the paint, and do a batch of Y number of cars that all have the same (new) specs, etc.

I don't think that it has anything to do with fairness or not. It has everything to do with complexity. Depending on your exact order (colors, addons, etc.) COMBINED with your delivery location will change when you get your order. I really doubt that Elon is like "f**k this guy, we're going to make sure he gets his a few weeks late". It is far more likely that his or her exact specs meant that his or her car entered the production queue later because they didn't have MSM in the paint machine yet, and they aren't going to empty out the paint machine between EVERY SINGLE CAR. They're going to do a batch of X number of cars that all have the same specs, then switch up the paint, and do a batch of Y number of cars that all have the same (new) specs, etc.
We don't have to like it or think it is fair, but I believe your logic is spot on to Tesla reality and is the reason why folks with weeks later ODs than mine who live on the east or west coast are getting VINs while my relatively unpopular spec (blue/black, 7 seats AND a tow) in a "flyover" state (MO) continues to be VINless.

Reactions: patricktr
Completely agree with this. I appreciate the fairness @Spandrel and in a restaurant situation I’m exactly the same but I imagine your batch is (from what I gather) east coast and they’re just shipping out a whole batch in one.

Whatever, we’ll get it when we get it. I’m going to keep pretending like I don’t refresh at least 10 times a day but appreciate the fun and games whilst also having a moan about Elon 😂

I totally get why Tesla is doing it this way, from a production and business sense, just like in a restaurant, the kitchen may need to use the fryers to do a batch of fish fry orders all at once, before they can put some chicken wings in. I totally get that, but when you are hungry and sitting in the dining room, it is a natural instinct to feel a slight sense of "Hey....." when the table that arrived after you gets its food first. :)

We don't have to like it or think it is fair, but I believe your logic is spot on to Tesla reality and is the reason why folks with weeks later ODs than mine who live on the east or west coast are getting VINs while my relatively unpopular spec (blue/black, 7 seats AND a tow) in a "flyover" state (MO) continues to be VINless.
I might be able to agree with that, except I have seen a lot of people who are waiting for specific builds have those exact builds come up as inventory cars. Now, I am not saying Tesla is indeed saying screw this person, but it does seem there are some holes in their logistics. But it does not increase profitability, so there is no need to fix it.

Hey guys. My OD was August 1st. Sitting at November 20 to December 18 for about 1 to 2 months now. No VIN yet. I have cash selected. No update whatsoever. Getting a little frustrating. It's the grey Model Y with black interior and black wheels. No tow no 3rd row. SA said to just wait.

Hey guys. My OD was August 1st. Sitting at November 20 to December 18 for about 1 to 2 months now. No VIN yet. I have cash selected. No update whatsoever. Getting a little frustrating. It's the grey Model Y with black interior and black wheels. No tow no 3rd row. SA said to just wait.
Same exact car, same payment. Ordered 8/2. Been sitting at 12/10 - 12/30 since the last week of August. No movement good or bad. Contacted SA haven’t heard back. I feel
frustration.

Just be patient, my OD was August 7th, and EDD just shorten from Nov 21-Dec 11 to Nov 21-Dec 3 after I asked SA yesterday. Should be getting VIN any minute now.