Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that really annoyed me, after waiting 3+ months and having to go through the EDD roller coaster I had stopped bothering to look. I figured why deal with the frustration and just wait for notification. So about a week ago it was just by accident I had looked at my account and to my surprise I saw a VIN and delivery date. That was a week ago, but what annoys me is that they never contacted me. No email, no text, no call.

Reactions: DrGriz
The 3-17 December EDD has held for two weeks now. I assumed I’d have my VIN by now if I were taking delivery by 3 Dec.
Have you checked with your Service agent? What are they saying? Very odd...at least this seems odd to me but I'm new to all this.
Maybe best to just hope for call and vin around 10 days before the 17th. Cautiously optimistic.

OD 8/9, MYLR, Blue w black interior, stock wheels, no hitch, no FSD. Original EDD was 20 days in Dec. Got my VIN early November (2022 model). About a week later, received the text and email and was asked to pick a delivery date and time. I selected 11/23. Morning arrives, a quick text says sorry, car not yet here (Miami), pushing back to 11/29. That's tomorrow, and still no invoice or final documents. I'm paying all cash and having it shipped immediately to another country. SAs have been involved and confirmed all of this on my file but no one can confirm what the delay is. I'm quietly hoping it's because they know I won't be able to hit a service center and are fixing missing USB ports, etc. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Oddmanout
One thing that really annoyed me, after waiting 3+ months and having to go through the EDD roller coaster I had stopped bothering to look. I figured why deal with the frustration and just wait for notification. So about a week ago it was just by accident I had looked at my account and to my surprise I saw a VIN and delivery date. That was a week ago, but what annoys me is that they never contacted me. No email, no text, no call.
Congrats on the VIN, yes I had a similar experience but did have some activity like them asking me if I had a trade-in via text, then a few days later a VIN assignment in my profile but no communication, then an email asking for final payment. Check your spam folder for their emails. A few days before the start of my EDD I just called them to see if this EDD is going to stick and they were able to set the delivery to Tuesday morning. I have to time my tade-in/weekday activities around this delivery. Hopefully it is not pushed 24 hrs before the appointment like I see in the other current delivery times thread 🤞

Which SC are you taking delivery at? We have 3 in MN now, including one in Rogers.

I think it’s because after you get VIN the car is still probably in Fremont. I think for now you can do the pre delivery stuff, such as insurance and payment. I emailed my Tesla store and they called me the next day. Basically he told me I’ll get a text/email when I am able to schedule delivery. Probably it happens when car actually arrives at the store.