Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been at Nov 5 - Dec 3 for a while now. With all this movement from everybody else I assume I’ll get moved again soon.. 😕
I've been at an EDD of 11/8 - 12/6 for a week now. I too have seen other EDDs moving out to January. I have an OD of 8/18 and am located in the Kansas City area. Hoping I can actually realize my current EDD and not get moved out to Dec/Jan.

Ugh!! No change for me. I wish I had more self control to not check my status 5 times a day.
I hear you man, I do that too, but today I was a Tesla dealership here in Ohio and the reps there told me the following:
1. With Austin's Gigafactory up and running, supply will increase for south/Midwest markets, as the CA will cover the west
2. Only in that one store they averaged 100 cars a month
3. Mud flaps seems to be standard in delivery
4. Many of their deliveries were completed prior to the Estimated Delivery date
5. He doesn't think we will get 2022 models right now given the supply/demand

Take that with a grain of salt, but I guess time will tell!

I hear you man, I do that too, but today I was a Tesla dealership here in Ohio and the reps there told me the following:
1. With Austin's Gigafactory up and running, supply will increase for south/Midwest markets, as the CA will cover the west

Hope #1 is true as I am located in the Kansas City area.

Reactions: eric.freeman

Austin is currently “up and running”. Does that mean production vehicles? Would be exciting if true but haven’t seen that info anywhere else yet..

Austin is currently “up and running”. Does that mean production vehicles? Would be exciting if true but haven’t seen that info anywhere else yet..
Good point, I know they made progress in that factory, but are they mass producing there? good question, the Tesla Rep says yes, but i think time will tell, the other story I did not buy, he said he ordered a model Y recently and that he is scheduled for delivery in December, when i asked that's fast? he said Tesla Reps have a priority
We will see!

My order for MYLR, white, 5S, black interior, Gemini wheels. Ordered 8/30/2021

Initially EOD was in the month of DEC.
Then it was: DEC 22 - JAN 21
Now: FEB 23 - Mar 23
I found the EDD slipped by two month.
Before I demand an explanation from Tesla, I'd like to ask others in Bay area or CA: is your EDD also slipped like this crazy?
I wonder what triggered this delay.

MY was ordered Aug 26. Did not finish profile until Sept 8, so I figured that was almost like ordering in Sept. Anyway, here I am hoping not to be too far back in the queue. W/B 5s Tow and White with 19” wheels. This is the craziest waiting game.

Live next to Fremont plant. And see trucks everyday going out with MYs and 3s.
Ordered mid-Sept. MY LR 19” 7-seats black interior. Pushed from end of Dec. within last week to:

Estimated Delivery: February 10 - March 10​

Hoping for a Texas made one, but they’ll probably see my addy. A fam member just received their standard range model 3 after waiting literally a couple of weeks (ordered end of august, received mid sept). Lives next to plant as well…and another fam member in area ordered a 3 LR a week ago and that’s delivering by early Nov. 3s seem to be more abundant for those that live in Fremont vs. web site. Ys are a diff. story but I see LOTS on trucks parked and moving out and about 24-7.

Last edited:
My order for MYLR, white, 5S, black interior, Gemini wheels. Ordered 8/30/2021

Initially EOD was in the month of DEC.
Then it was: DEC 22 - JAN 21
Now: FEB 23 - Mar 23
I found the EDD slipped by two month.
Before I demand an explanation from Tesla, I'd like to ask others in Bay area or CA: is your EDD also slipped like this crazy?
I wonder what triggered this delay.
I’m in SoCal and Mine also jumped from dec to February this week.

The one positive to having the EDD pushed back into February is that I assume it will move back again, and I would prefer this to seeing an EDD in days or weeks only to have that crushed. For month and a half the wait was OK, but lately driving my POS current car more than I thought I would be at this time is making the wait crushing.