Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, does anyone know how far in advance you get your VIN? I’ve been sitting at October 29-November 26 for the past week n
Based on the order tracking spreadsheet (pinned at the top of this forum) and posts, the VIN is typically sent a couple days before delivery.
It also has to do with where you are in relation to Fremont (and soon Austin). So the closer to Fremont the closer to delivery you get your VIN.

LR MY white on white ordered 8/20/21. Recently saw the EDD pushed back quite a bit from Nov 30-Dec 25 to Jan 24 - Feb 21. Still expecting more date changes but getting excited :)

Model MYLR | Ext White | Int White | Seats 5 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No
Ordered 8/20 | Profile Complete 8/20 | Location FL | VIN No
EDD January 24 - February 21 (as of 10/20)

ORDER DATE: 8/1
IN SOCAL

Was at 11/2 - 11/22 for the longest time for the past three weeks its been 12/3 -12/30

i think we may find out if they are picking up the pace and delivering sooner than expected
Maybe. He saw another three trucks hauling Teslas so some of you here might be very happy very soon.
Great news! I am waiting to get a push for Nov - Dec from the current Jan-Feb
Hoping for the same, mine just shifted from Oct-Nov to Jan-Feb this week, but my SA texted me to let me know that she sent my account to delivery, which I thought was odd given the date got pushed back. She said usually get their biggest shipments now and seems to be hopeful that it will come in sooner.

Reactions: eric.freeman
I got my VIN (298xxx) last night. Ordered in mid-August. All base everything with tow added. EDD is 11/7-11/12.

One quick question, since I wasn't planning on taking deliver for quite some time due to current lease, I chose the 'cash' option. I would like to switch to financing/lease. Do you have do that before clicking on the 'proceed with delivery' button on the account page, or just anytime before actual delivery?

I got my VIN (298xxx) last night. Ordered in mid-August. All base everything with tow added. EDD is 11/7-11/12.

One quick question, since I wasn't planning on taking deliver for quite some time due to current lease, I chose the 'cash' option. I would like to switch to financing/lease. Do you have do that before clicking on the 'proceed with delivery' button on the account page, or just anytime before actual delivery?

Once you proceed with delivery, you pick a location or home delivery, then the giant form filling process happens - trade-in, financing/cash, etc.

If you finance... a MVPA will be generated for you to send to an external bank for final approval. It will have the total cost including fees. I sent one to Bank of America and they rejected it because I had generated it using cash. When you finance there are extra doc/stamp fees in FL and the MVPA did not have this... so you should have exact loan amounts + fees + taxes and everything setup in your Tesla account so a correct MVPA (purchase order) can be generated.

Once you proceed with delivery, you pick a location or home delivery, then the giant form filling process happens - trade-in, financing/cash, etc.

If you finance... a MVPA will be generated for you to send to an external bank for final approval. It will have the total cost including fees. I sent one to Bank of America and they rejected it because I had generated it using cash. When you finance there are extra doc/stamp fees in FL and the MVPA did not have this... so you should have exact loan amounts + fees + taxes and everything setup in your Tesla account so a correct MVPA (purchase order) can be generated.
Do you know what to do if your financing terms expire? I don't have a VIN yet and don't want to resubmit if it's a hard credit pull and could potentially expire again. I chatted with someone on Tesla and they advised to wait for a VIN to resubmit, although they didn't seem confident answering.

Do you know what to do if your financing terms expire? I don't have a VIN yet and don't want to resubmit if it's a hard credit pull and could potentially expire again. I chatted with someone on Tesla and they advised to wait for a VIN to resubmit, although they didn't seem confident answering.

Don't bother with loan/financing until you get a VIN and potential delivery date. There could be shipping delays, etc. and loans are usually valid for 30 days usually (sometimes less though) and pre-approval is not final approval. Banks always want the MVPA for a loan officer to finally approval and that always adds a day or two.