Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it means anything, but my EDD window shortened by one day going from 12/22-31 to 12/23-31. The same thing happened last week.
Yeah so I’m in the Bay Area as well, and we have almost the same exact configuration (no tow for me). My O/D is 7/24 profile completion same day. My EDD jumped all over the place but most recently held for at least a month at 12/22-12/31. I woke up today pushed to Jan 8 - Feb 15. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this entire process.

Reactions: srnewby54
Looks like the end of quarter push may be a thing of the past. If true we’ll see plenty of movement into January. I’m still in December but it will be what it will be. This should definitely be a quality improvement in all cars delivered whether it makes this year or not.

Elon email to employees..

I get it, Elon is trying to streamline deliveries across the whole quarter. It makes sense as they have no shortage of orders to fulfil. However, does this mean even lesser communication from them to their customers? I wish Tesla had a bit more focus on their customer's point of view rather than just cost savings. Communication and service experience complaints are growing from what I see. The wow-factor of the product is masking some of it but how long will that last? I hope as a company they realize the need for better communication and address it fast.

Looks like the end of quarter push may be a thing of the past. If true we’ll see plenty of movement into January. I’m still in December but it will be what it will be. This should definitely be a quality improvement in all cars delivered whether it makes this year or not.

Basically when it the turn of some of us close to the factory to be part of the EOQ push after having watched folks farther away with newer profile completion dates already get their cars, Elon declares “there shalt be no EOQ push” and we all slip to when? Do they still keep their policy of shipping vehicles manufactured earlier in the quarter to places farther away? In which case bay area late July/Aug orders turn comes in March or if it slips again due to lack of EOQ push in June?

Basically when it the turn of some of us close to the factory to be part of the EOQ push after having watched folks farther away with newer profile completion dates already get their cars, Elon declares “there shalt be no EOQ push” and we all slip to when? Do they still keep their policy of shipping vehicles manufactured earlier in the quarter to places farther away? In which case bay area late July/Aug orders turn comes in March or if it slips again due to lack of EOQ push in June?
This is what I’d like to know myself.

Reactions: leaftoy
I don’t like that I was contacted saying that our car is coming in the next few weeks and to change our order from cash to loan if we are actually doing a loan. So I did that and now the order has been pushed out so it seems like it was a unnecessary credit pull again

Reactions: Naija King

I have worked for a decade in automotive production. Elon's strategy sounds good theoretically, but the reality is that your production will not be goal oriented and output will go down more than the overtime saving. Annual targets get broken down to quarterly and monthly targets. When you focus on a steady production, you lose capacity. In the monthly target strategy, the slower strategy accounts for the supply chain to catch up.

Yeah so I’m in the Bay Area as well, and we have almost the same exact configuration (no tow for me). My O/D is 7/24 profile completion same day. My EDD jumped all over the place but most recently held for at least a month at 12/22-12/31. I woke up today pushed to Jan 8 - Feb 15. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this entire process.
Agreed. Just a touch above a random number generator!

Reactions: Naija King