Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think production is reduced... I assume Tesla wants to optimize deliveries in an effort to reduce cost
Well being that I’m 15 mins from the Fremont factory with an order/profile completion date of 7/24 you can’t optimize my delivery much more than me coming to the factory picking the car up myself. My EDD slipped like most 🤦🏿‍♂️

My EDD switched from 14 day range in December to 1/14 -2/11 yesterday. I reached out to my SA and they said the same thing, “January” .. but 2 weeks ago, they told me to expect delivery by the last week of December. No one really knows..
I was told by “the end of the year” the last time I spoke to my SA as well. Oh well, time for a bourbon.

Elon sent an email to Tesla employees specifically telling them not to do an EOQ crunch on deliveries, and instead focus on optimizing cost of deliveries.

I honestly read that email to employees as coded-speak for, "Don't be sending out cars with missing USB ports. The cost of scheduling the retro-fitting of them after the delivery eats into our margins."

Reactions: POCH and Naija King
Have you checked with your Service agent? What are they saying? Very odd...at least this seems odd to me but I'm new to all this.
Maybe best to just hope for call and vin around 10 days before the 17th. Cautiously optimistic.
Within 12 hours of this post I got my VIN and delivery date within 5 days.
Just finished up all my final tasks and am stoked to get it in a few days.

To those waiting for a VIN, you will get yours soon. Just stick to your original EDD. Before I placed my order the website said December. I used to check VIN all the time hoping for October delivery, but didn't happen. My EDD bounced between November to January. I realized that a lot of people were like me, expressing excitement/hopes/frustrations that basically added fuel to the fire. So I started checking TMC less, and stayed away from Current Delivery forum. Then after calming down I used the forums (August and the June-July) to gauge how close I was to getting my VIN. I noticed early August orders were getting VINs, so I was expecting one soon. Sometimes I wished Tesla removed the EDD and stuck with original date when I ordered to avoid expectations. SO... if you are early August, you will get VIN soon, if you are mid to end of August, you may need to wait a week or two still. To keep sanity just download the TESLA app and check it once in a while. If you get the bluetooth or some notification, you probably got your VIN. I got my VIN about week before my EDD window.

To those waiting for a VIN, you will get yours soon. Just stick to your original EDD. Before I placed my order the website said December. I used to check VIN all the time hoping for October delivery, but didn't happen. My EDD bounced between November to January. I realized that a lot of people were like me, expressing excitement/hopes/frustrations that basically added fuel to the fire. So I started checking TMC less, and stayed away from Current Delivery forum. Then after calming down I used the forums (August and the June-July) to gauge how close I was to getting my VIN. I noticed early August orders were getting VINs, so I was expecting one soon. Sometimes I wished Tesla removed the EDD and stuck with original date when I ordered to avoid expectations. SO... if you are early August, you will get VIN soon, if you are mid to end of August, you may need to wait a week or two still. To keep sanity just download the TESLA app and check it once in a while. If you get the bluetooth or some notification, you probably got your VIN. I got my VIN about week before my EDD window.
Ordering from St. Louis as well! My SA told me I should expect a VIN within 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago lol still haven't received anything.

Reactions: jlsprcr
Ordering from St. Louis as well! My SA told me I should expect a VIN within 2 weeks about 2 weeks ago lol still haven't received anything.
I suggest monitor the forums to see when others with same ODs get their VINs. The Chesterfield SA has been pretty helpful and responsive as it relates to information, such as exiting inventory, insurance, delivery, etc. for our car-specific related info, we’re all the mercy of the factory. But your VIN should be coming in soon ;)