Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Napa this weekend for my birthday. On my way up from So Cal on Thursday, I saw 6 Tesla car carriers with about 6 cars on each. Gut-check breakdown was about 40% Y, 40% 3, 15% S, 5% X. On my way back down I saw 2. Most were white with some MSM's and black's. I probably could count the number of red/blue cars on one hand out of all that I saw. For those of you in So Cal waiting for your white/MSM Y's, I hope you got yours delivered soon.

I was just offered a vehicle with the same specs as my order but with the addition of tow. I said I’d take it if all I had to pay for was the addition of the hitch… we all know where that went. New pricing or I wait. I’ll wait. Regardless, I must be nearing the top of the list!
What do you mean offered a vehicle? How did they offer you one? When was your original OD?

Exactly what I said. SA texted and then I spoke with him. Has a car coming in this week with my specs plus tow. Catch was I had to pay the new price if I wanted the car because it wasn’t exactly my spec. Order date 8/26, current EDD 1/11-2/8.
This is completely foreign to me (hence the question). I had not heard of anyone being offered a car with “similar specs”, as one would think there is someone with the exact same specs, let alone asking them to pay a different price.

Same config, Just try not to check the edd that often before you are assigned a vin. It changes all the way.
i wouldnt really care about EDD, but one of my family member currently has to bus to work, because i work earlier and further then them. When we ordered the car the EDD was December, so im getting anxious because bussing in the winter isnt ideal, and its started to get bad here in ontario now

Last edited:
Maybe there is no one near the top of the list who has the exact same spec in his area, and he is the next one in que.
Right, but one would think Tesla would know that and send the car to where the exact spec is. It is also a bit of jealousy as I have not had any SA reach out to even say hi, let alone offer a vehicle.

Reactions: Naija King
i wouldnt really care about EDD, but one of my family member currently has to bus to work, because i work earlier and futher then them. When we ordered the car the EDD was December, so im getting anxious because bussing in the winter isnt ideal, and its started to get bad here in ontario now
Same, I have been borrowing my in-law’s car for months based on that so called edd. It has been pushed twice, and there is nothing you can do really.

This is completely foreign to me (hence the question). I had not heard of anyone being offered a car with “similar specs”, as one would think there is someone with the exact same specs, let alone asking them to pay a different price.
Ah ok, gotcha. Fwiw the Tesla “store“ in my town is brand new and while busy, I think the brand is still working on getting a firm hold on the area. As for the communication with my SA, I dealt with him for the test drive and while i ordered online I did coordinate with him. I think the smaller city that I live in combined with the new store is likely working to my benefit…at least I hope.

Reactions: samori01