Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a long 4 plus month wait for the my MYLR it's finally here. Honestly the first 3 months were fine but once November hits the emotional roller coaster started and I was taken to hell back and forth a couple times. That was when the EDD started to go berserk and at one point was pushed into February. I even had two different VIN's. But now the end is in sight. Two days ago, Tesla contacted me to set up an appointment for an at-home delivery but I hesitated for 24 hours and now I can only come to pick it up on Monday, December 20. To say I'm over the moon is an understatement. Wishing everyone the very best of luck in getting yours. 👍👍
Fantastic. I didn't even know that location did home delivery.
Lots of luck with the pickup. Definitely keep us posted.

Reactions: YYZblues
Got my VIN yesterday with delivery date for MYLR/sivermetallic /Tow/19 inch Gemini/ 5 seater on December 23. Would the car be delivered with a partial charge or full charge? It is going to take time to get wall connector installed.
They gave you the vin and the exact delivery date on the same day? I only got vin matched today. No delivery date. Just a range. Also noone from Tesla contacted me.

They gave you the vin and the exact delivery date on the same day? I only got vin matched today. No delivery date. Just a range. Also noone from Tesla contacted me.
You got a soft vin assignment.
He got a hard vin assignment.
Your vin may change as they work out logistics. Hopefully in a couple weeks you hear from someone who talks delivery etc and has a locked in vin for you.

Reactions: samori01
You got a soft vin assignment.
He got a hard vin assignment.
Your vin may change as they work out logistics. Hopefully in a couple weeks you hear from someone who talks delivery etc and has a locked in vin for you.
So... Should I hold off on setting up insurance? I felt kind of weird setting up insurance before knowing the exact start/delivery date
First they give you a range, then a choice to pick the right time. Everything is done online. They call it a touch less delivery.
Oh... So no SA will call/text/email me? Because I need to set up financing

Manufacturing of my MYLR has commenced today. Based on my reading it should roll off the assembly line sometime on the 16/17th ish. Gives them a solid 9 days to load, Transport and deliver the vehicle by their best estimate of Dec. 25.

Not gonna lie, it's kinda fun to know 1000s of robots are hard at work on my MYLR right now.

Sorry for all those without Vins. They will come. And hopefully this year!

Ordered Aug 8th. San Diego, CA.

EDD originally of Nov/Dec.

Pushed to Jan.
Then pushed to Mar.

This morning I've woken up, and now it says... JUNE...

I'm hoping this is a quick random push that's going to bounce back to Dec/Jan.
Sweet Jesus. Call them. Try someone in sales, try getting someone for from new car delivery and anyone else that may have the ability to check various system info to get an answer.

Last edited:
So... Should I hold off on setting up insurance? I felt kind of weird setting up insurance before knowing the exact start/delivery date

Oh... So no SA will call/text/email me? Because I need to set up financing
Until you have a purchase agreement with the vin confirmed on it, or an SA has looked and confirmed a hard vin assignment, I wouldn't give the vin to insurance. Or if you do warn them it might change.

Not sure about financing, maybe someone else can chime in

Last edited:
Until you have a purchase agreement with the vin confirmed on it, or an SA has looked and confirmed a hard vin assignment, I wouldn't give the vin to insurance. Or if you do want them it might change.

Not sure about financing, maybe someone else can chime in
Ok. I have already initiated a conversation for a quote with the current VIN. I'll reach out to my SA on financing. Thanks!