Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the roller coaster continues. EDD just changed from 12/23-12/31 to 12/31-1/28. Not surprised given how many other Aug orders had their EDD moved into Jan. Annoying for sure but I keep reminding myself that when I ordered the car, the estimated delivery month was Jan. Going to give the constant checking a rest and just enjoy the holidays. Cheers.

And the roller coaster continues. EDD just changed from 12/23-12/31 to 12/31-1/28. Not surprised given how many other Aug orders had their EDD moved into Jan. Annoying for sure but I keep reminding myself that when I ordered the car, the estimated delivery month was Jan. Going to give the constant checking a rest and just enjoy the holidays. Cheers.
Good tactic. It does seem to be when you're not looking/ready that they send you a Vin number and/or delivery window.

Reactions: Packfan
My original EDD was mid-Nov when I ordered.....It's already a month passed.

I feel your pain man. It’s beyond comical at this point and I’m having second thoughts about pouring $68k of my hard earned money into this company. I mean I love the idea of a Tesla but we’re not even talking about build quality yet. I feel like once we get the car that’s gonna be the next headache, but I hope I’m wrong. I’m with you I’m gonna do my best to limit my time here and save what few brain cells I have left 🤬

Well……..on second thought I’m gonna pull the trigger on some all weather mats, and then no more tesla talk lol.

My Blue Model Y LR 5-seater just got pushed from 12/31-1/28 to 1/20-2/17.

Was hoping that California orders would benefit from proximity and see an end of year push. I have to turn in my Chevy Bolt lease on 12/26 and will be down to one car. Can't stand driving my wife's ICE car.

Pushing to January is painful but tolerable. If it goes into late Feb, I am going to be very frustrated especially when I see East Coast orders after mine already getting fulfilled.

Was hoping that California orders would benefit from proximity and see an end of year push. I have to turn in my Chevy Bolt lease on 12/26 and will be down to one car. Can't stand driving my wife's ICE car.

Pushing to January is painful but tolerable. If it goes into late Feb, I am going to be very frustrated especially when I see East Coast orders after mine already getting fulfilled.
Yikes. Thanks for helping me set my own expectations as well. Mine will likely follow suit.

Like I've said before, don't look at September and October ODs that are already being fulfilled, unless you want the August orders that fill ahead of you to feel less painful.

Get it, sure. But do note it will add nothing to resale value.. But yes it will protect the paint esp the front bumper. I got it on my 3 in 2018 and i babied it. after a couple years, its just a car and not sure if I can see myself spending $1k on PPF...

I agree. Getting PPF is subjective. I got it because my other white car is getting scratches and nicks on the front, and its only 2 years old. So I will ppf that car too. I do plan to keep car for a while so hoping I can preserve the condition.

I was just quoted $1,700 for PPF (full hood, full front bumper, full front fenders and front face on side mirrors) by a guy who is certified by both 3M and Avery. This is in north Atlanta area. Wondering if this is a good price.
Price seems good. But I would suggest see how much more it is for lower doors and rear wheel impact area, since this is where Model Y gets scratched alot. Also I read to make sure to have someone reputable do it as quality of install matters. ONE thing I didn't realize until later, was the front badge is removed and then reapplied. That was scary for some reason realizing that. But in the end it looks like nothing happened.