Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price seems good. But I would suggest see how much more it is for lower doors and rear wheel impact area, since this is where Model Y gets scratched alot. Also I read to make sure to have someone reputable do it as quality of install matters. ONE thing I didn't realize until later, was the front badge is removed and then reapplied. That was scary for some reason realizing that. But in the end it looks like nothing happened.
Thanks! I will certainly ask about the doors.

I was told he's fully booked for the year. Should I find someone else to get it done before the end of year?

My week so far. EDD 12/18-12/30

Attachments

• A7E21AF3-652C-44B0-B232-FDA3E81F13E1.png
    A7E21AF3-652C-44B0-B232-FDA3E81F13E1.png
    550.5 KB · Views: 78
I took a look at the Google sheet yesterday and it appears based on the record there, only me and one other in OH and both ordered in August have not received a vehicle yet...

I did the same thing last night - I pulled down the spreadsheet and filtered/sorted it in multiple ways. Being in OH- I noted the same observation.

Based on this/google sheet 'analysis' and all of the qualitative data reported in this thread - I've developed my own edd hypothesis.

My theory is that there is no overarching and centralized delivery scheduling body coordinating things. It's as if there are 25 different hands in the batched production cookie jar at all times. Whatever they grab - they dole out to their assigned buyers (however they are assigned). This would result in 25 separate prioritization schedules that are all in different stages- which would result in the appearance of being total chaos. Add in EOQ push strategies and the apparent bathced nature of the production process it's no womnder there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I'm sure others share a similar theory. The mystery to me is what drives frequent changes to EDDs. I can understand individualized updates based on localized delivery delay requests- but it seems like these changes happen in batches.

I did the same thing last night - I pulled down the spreadsheet and filtered/sorted it in multiple ways. Being in OH- I noted the same observation.

Based on this/google sheet 'analysis' and all of the qualitative data reported in this thread - I've developed my own edd hypothesis.

My theory is that there is no overarching and centralized delivery scheduling body coordinating things. It's as if there are 25 different hands in the batched production cookie jar at all times. Whatever they grab - they dole out to their assigned buyers (however they are assigned). This would result in 25 separate prioritization schedules that are all in different stages- which would result in the appearance of being total chaos. Add in EOQ push strategies and the apparent bathced nature of the production process it's no womnder there seems to be no rhyme or reason. I'm sure others share a similar theory. The mystery to me is what drives frequent changes to EDDs. I can understand individualized updates based on localized delivery delay requests- but it seems like these changes happen in batches.
There would be a default push out period for different group of orders based on location, config etc.

Thanks! I will certainly ask about the doors.

I was told he's fully booked for the year. Should I find someone else to get it done before the end of year?
It’s up to you if you want to wait or look for someone else and get PPF sooner. But make sure you find quality installer. I had two options. You should be able to find a couple highly reviewed shops. I drove my car once before bringing into shop (store to home). I brought to shop 3 days after delivery. I think important to find good shop and get in soon.

Last edited:
See, I see your post as being false. You really think that people at the delivery centers are kept in the dark? They have access to what cars will be being produced and shipped to their delivery center as they have to prepare for them to arrive. They dont just get notified from the plant the day of and are told "Oh btw, we have 3 trucks on the way to you right now". They don't want to give you the "soft match" date because they don't want to be crucified if its wrong, which it seems people like you would do based off your pent up anger towards sales advisors. Not sure how you can discredit what they told me is wrong as you don't have access to their information. I have seen plenty of people receive a soft match and it turned out to be accurate so like I said, it's always a hit or miss.
I’m far from angry. If it’s “always” hit or miss that’s kinda my point tho.

See, I see your post as being false. You really think that people at the delivery centers are kept in the dark? They have access to what cars will be being produced and shipped to their delivery center as they have to prepare for them to arrive. They dont just get notified from the plant the day of and are told "Oh btw, we have 3 trucks on the way to you right now". They don't want to give you the "soft match" date because they don't want to be crucified if its wrong, which it seems people like you would do based off your pent up anger towards sales advisors. Not sure how you can discredit what they told me is wrong as you don't have access to their information. I have seen plenty of people receive a soft match and it turned out to be accurate so like I said, it's always a hit or miss.
That's what I think. I thought I would get the VIN while the car is in production, but according to the text I received the other day, they won't send/assign me the VIN until it is near/arrived at the delivery center. I checked the source code for a VIN a few times, but no luck.