Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me earlier today! My exact specs two hours away with less than 5 miles on the odometer. I called the 800 number to ask why aren’t those offered to those waiting and the guy smugly said “How do you know they weren’t”

🤦🏿‍♂️

It’s because they can charge more for those with todays pricing. Sucks
Tell him you know because you don’t have it…really sucks

In what world do you get out of line only to get back in line right where you were? Sorry but they should be placed in the back of the line.
In Tesla's World, fulfilling orders in the order received is a factor. But....
Factors also are delivery location, calendar (ie where in the Quarter), configuration (common, easy to re-assign, or special?), paint shop batch schedule.....
The list is as long as you'd care to make it.
There's a lot going on behind the curtain, and it won't always make sense from our vantage point.

Southern California.
Ordered: Aug 17
Initial delivery date: Dec 17-Jan 4
Pushed back this week: Jan 6-Feb 3

All kinds of plans are in chaos now. I'm doubtful this is the final EDD change...

What a strange business model.
Yes. I can see that an automaker that is relatively new to logistics and where demand is outpacing supply might have a crazy system.

What I can’t understand is shifting it constantly, and telling you that. But most of all, the inflexibility when after 7 months you aren’t available for 3 day windows at the drop of a hat. That’s the big thing for me.