Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called Tesla and asked about my scheduled delivery with no VIN situation. He told me there were no updates on my car being built that he could see and to expect it to happen within the first 2 weeks of next year. He of course added a caveat that anything could happen within the next 2 days, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

He also interestingly said that the delivery texts with no VIN were sent out by "internal error" so I told him those texts were specifically worded and sent out to those without a VIN yet and asked if any of those folks are actually getting cars. He did say some of those were actually getting delivered, but I'm guessing from the fact that he doesn't see any changes on his end for my order, I am not one of the lucky few.

No love for Californians with white cars haha
I got some love today!
79561BB0-1BDD-4AF8-A315-E864EAF5471B.jpeg

Hold my beer…I’m an end of July order and still waiting :)
I hope I’m wrong and you get a VIN asap. I’ve just decided I’m going to be the last august order standing. 😂

I’ll beat you being the last august order 🤣
Any of you guys place a hold on your orders or you naturally waiting this long, like me?

Aug 6, MYLR7, msm/black, 20", tow

Reactions: samori01
Lol hell I am ready to meet them at Fremont CA if they are down! I will come, seriously!
Have you asked to change your delivery location? My closest dealer is Salt Lake, and requested to pick it up in Vegas, but my registration section of my account says UT, which is wrong (I'll register it in FL, but I leave in UT). My SA ghosted me 4 months ago so I don't know where Tesla thinks I'm going to pick it up, so that will be a little surprise whenever I get a VIN, too!

Reactions: eric.freeman
After 146 days, a VIN appeared by text tonight! EDD 12/30-12/31. Nothing about scheduling an appointment, so still not super sure if the car will actual arrive in the next few days??
Congrats! The things we have in common besides a long wait is MSM and 20", so the MSM penalty must be real. I've thought for a little bit they made msm free to get enough to make it worth their while to produce a batch. I also seem to have befallen the tow and 7 seat penalties 🤣

Last edited: