Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was nearly flawless except for two minor issues. The passenger rear door is ever so slightly misaligned so that when it is closed the black striping along bottom of window is not completely flush with striping it meets at rear quarter panel where door closes. Also the rear window hatch on top where it meets moon roof is not flush on passenger side compared to driver side. i have appt. at Berkeley service center 1/18. I’m attaching a few pics, including a couple of car in front of my house.
what a beauty!

Reactions: eric.freeman
Just to update. My tailgate was a little misaligned. Service took their time to make adjustments to make it even. I’m happy now. Examined car at delivery and looked good. But two weeks later noticed misaligned tailgate probably because of sunlight angle. See pic if interested. Notice left was more flush than right.

Attachments

• BA517F46-0507-4880-8625-4A5E66C178EB.jpeg
    BA517F46-0507-4880-8625-4A5E66C178EB.jpeg
    553.9 KB · Views: 62
California friends taking delivery, please give feedback if you used Plaid or used some other payment system. There was a post today from a person who could not enter bank account after trying to come out of the Plaid payment system.

California friends taking delivery, please give feedback if you used Plaid or used some other payment system. There was a post today from a person who could not enter bank account after trying to come out of the Plaid payment system.
I used Plaid. I did research on it and it seemed as safe as any third party fintech app. After payment hit my account I deleted plaid acces in my bank account. I know they still have info but it can’t be used to access my account. Changed pw as well.

Mine was nearly flawless except for two minor issues. The passenger rear door is ever so slightly misaligned so that when it is closed the black striping along bottom of window is not completely flush with striping it meets at rear quarter panel where door closes. Also the rear window hatch on top where it meets moon roof is not flush on passenger side compared to driver side. i have appt. at Berkeley service center 1/18. I’m attaching a few pics, including a couple of car in front of my house.
Maybe have been asked previously, but did you get the AMD processor? Li ion battery?
Anyone else?

I used Plaid. I did research on it and it seemed as safe as any third party fintech app. After payment hit my account I deleted plaid acces in my bank account. I know they still have info but it can’t be used to access my account. Changed pw as well.
That is nice if you can delete Plaid access after paying Tesla. I am sure before they take out money, they must be downloading information from the login on all accounts including savings and money market and then selling it as well. Good to know you could delete Plaid access. I have a Capital one account. The bank does not even have 2 step authentications for login. I was originally with ING bank which sold its US operations to Capital One. The bank is still known for subprime credit cards. Anyway, I will have to figure out how to delete Plaid access if I have no other option but to use Plaid.

So my delivery appointment was cancelled. Got the below txt:

we appreciate your patience as we wait for your Model Y to be built. Your Model Y will no longer be built in December, but your order has been prioritized to receive a vehicle in January. We have removed your scheduled delivery appointment for now, but will reach back out as soon as your VIN is assigned.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to delivering your Model Y soon.

• Disagree
Reactions: THUD25 and kjudd11
That is nice if you can delete Plaid access after paying Tesla. I am sure before they take out money, they must be downloading information from the login on all accounts including savings and money market and then selling it as well. Good to know you could delete Plaid access. I have a Capital one account. The bank does not even have 2 step authentications for login. I was originally with ING bank which sold its US operations to Capital One. The bank is still known for subprime credit cards. Anyway, I will have to figure out how to delete Plaid access if I have no other option but to use Plaid.
You can limit the accounts that it can access. By default it checks every account, and I have a lot of accounts with Wells, but i then unchecked everything except the checking account I wanted them to debit. I figure a lot of my info is out there already. I had to sesrch around on Wells quite a bit to figure out how to delete plaid, but it can be done.

Used Plaid for down payment. Loan (DCU) via check. I kind of wanted to avoid plaid entirely but that was the step I decided just to take the easy road. It worked just fine, really seamless for me.

Also should be noted I knocked SAs universally here. Once I had to actually start calling Tesla everyone I spoke to was great. Manager at my DC was great. Helped me when I picked up too. I think I got a lazy SA who even didn’t respond when Tesla finance copied him in. Overall customer service was very good.

Also, complete the steps in the app before you show up. It’s pretty cool to have a sales process be “your car is there. After you check it out hit accept and it will unlock and you can drive it off.”

Congrats!

spoke with a Tesla rep, my EDD is 12/30-12/31 told me the car could be built today or tomorrow and that they are running deliveries till midnight on the 31st.

hoping I pick up in the new year but lets see what happens
spoke with a Tesla rep, my EDD is 12/30-12/31 told me the car could be built today or tomorrow and that they are running deliveries till midnight on the 31st.

hoping I pick up in the new year but lets see what happens.
I also have an EDD of 12/30-12/31 and received a text from Tesla saying my car "is likely to be built in the next 1-2 days". Can't say I want to pick my car up late New Years Eve night! But I suppose at this point I will take it whenever, but also hoping for the new year.