Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been awhile, but I haven’t forgot about you guys. My son had surgery this week so it’s been crazy…. But I did pick up my MYLR yesterday. Other than some scratches to the frame, the inside door trim not aligned, and a faulty coat hanger, the car is a beauty. I’m so in love! I was starting to get nervous that I made a mistake ordering the car after waiting so long, but trust me it’s worth the wait. More pictures to come.

FYI my car has the new AMD Ryzen processor
Nice Congrats, do you know the build date for your car?

But isn’t it too late? What if I change the color? We are thinking of speaking with our SA today to see if that would help in getting the car earlier.
If you change the color you will be re-priced to current price and go to the back of the queue. All you will save from a brand new order is the order fee.

What was your exact order date and the date you completed your profile? There are plenty of people who ordered and completed profile in August who are still waiting for their car.

Reactions: BGOwner
Got a text and email to schedule pick up. First available slot is on Monday, MLK day. I’m off so I took the first available slot. Yay!

Attachments

• EF102C30-7DC6-4F45-8BF2-959598FF618A.png
    EF102C30-7DC6-4F45-8BF2-959598FF618A.png
    267.5 KB · Views: 66
I know it's commonly thought that completing your profile sometime after the order date somehow delays the EDD, but what's the authority for that? That is not the impression I've received from the SA's I've spoken to. Logically, even if the profile is completed some days or even weeks after the OD, why would that delay an order by 4-6 months?

Just ranting here, but if Fremont's MY production level has been consistent, or up, since August when we were given EDD's of November/December, how is it that Tesla cannot meet the demand as measured on our OD? I could understand it if Tesla in fact experienced a semi-conductor shortage, or somehow stalled production, but they haven't.

For an august order, if you change colors now, expect a $5k jump. While MSM went down to 0, other color’s increased also. So will effect that 5k even more
Makes sense, thank you!
Just spoke with the Tesla store where we ordered the car from. SA said est doesn’t necessarily mean we will get the order in September and asked us to wait for a week for the actual edd, she mentioned it could even be February/ March 2022.

Reactions: eric.freeman
I know it's commonly thought that completing your profile sometime after the order date somehow delays the EDD, but what's the authority for that? That is not the impression I've received from the SA's I've spoken to. Logically, even if the profile is completed some days or even weeks after the OD, why would that delay an order by 4-6 months?

Just ranting here, but if Fremont's MY production level has been consistent, or up, since August when we were given EDD's of November/December, how is it that Tesla cannot meet the demand as measured on our OD? I could understand it if Tesla in fact experienced a semi-conductor shortage, or somehow stalled production, but they haven't.
How do you know Tesla hasn’t been affected by the chip storage?

August order, now looking at a shorter 2-week window like several others here. 7-seater order went from [Jan 16th - Feb 9th] to [Jan 19th - Feb 2nd] yesterday

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02

Reactions: samori01
August order, now looking at a shorter 2-week window like several others here. 7-seater order went from [Jan 16th - Feb 9th] to [Jan 19th - Feb 2nd] yesterday

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
I woke this morning to a change as well. OD 08/22. EDD was 1/14-02/11. Now 1/18-02/01. MYLR5 MSM.

Posted in the October thread but I’m not really sure where we belong. Placed our order 8/26, but didn’t complete profile until October. Once profile was completed we first saw an April date, then it moved to Feb 21-Mar 21 for a long time. Confirmed carrier direct on Monday and Tuesday EDD switched to TBD. SA says to give it a week, but if we get to Tuesday and still no change we’ll be calling.

MYLR7/black ext/white int/induction/no tow/no FSD

Haven’t seen any others like ours around here recently, but hopefully we’re going to be included in the next batch of 7-seaters.

Reactions: BGOwner