Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading into Berkeley Service Center this morning to correct some delivery door alignment and back hatch glass alignment isuues and install home link. I hope it turns out well. Order and delivery process was ok, so hoping service center experience is ok too. We shall see.
An update. Things went smoothly…at first! Drove in to sc at 9:30 am and parked car. Advisor came over and I reviewed with him the issues. He put blue tape in each of the trim alignment areas. He said he wasn’t sure if they could realign rear hatch glass and if it was out of spec they might have to replace glass or even replace entire rear hatch. In any event if it was anything other than alignment of rear hatch glass, that would be a separate service appointment. He said he thought car would be done today by 4 pm. I was feeling pretty good and Ubered home.

Then things started going south. I checked app around 2 pm and it said expected completion of work was 1/20 at 4 pm. I messaged back asking how it was possible that some trim alignment and homelink installation would take 3 days. The response was that they could get car back to me 1/19 at 4 pm, and that coordinating among various experts took time. I said the new completion date was better, but was any of the work being completed today. They responded that they were checking with technician and would try to respond before 4 pm today. My last question was to determine if they could at least get trim alignment addressed. If they could, I’d get car today and make a mobile appt. for homelink. I’m not confident I will know anything more today. I hope I get car tomorro, but am unclear what work will actually be done. They could say all trim and hatch glass is in spec and end up having spent two days to do no more than install home link.

if I hadn’t read all the horror stories about Tesla service I’d be kind of annoyed. But I’m only a bit disappointed.

To be continued…

• Informative
Reactions: in2survive
It is possible that this only applied for East coast folks, since the Theory is that they get their delivery first, CA has always been railroaded by these EDD jumps because “hey they are an easier delivery forTesla“, which is kinda terrible on their part
Yeah that makes sense. My theory was only with regards to how EDDs behave for individual owners (like when does it update before or after entering the window) and not how to figure out how Tesla determines from on high who is worthy to receive a car this week. :)

Yeah that makes sense. My theory was only with regards to how EDDs behave for individual owners (like when does it update before or after entering the window) and not how to figure out how Tesla determines from on high who is worthy to receive a car this week. :)
Never thought I'd live to a day where ordering cars would be months and months of waiting

Reactions: JCKnoxville
and the alternatives to Tesla are not better either, everyone is backed up, not to mention the prices are going insanely high
If you think getting a Tesla is hard try buying a PlayStation 5. It took me 2 months longer and I had to manage my own opportunities for purchase instead of some quasi-but-not-really-first-come-first-serve order queue.

If you think getting a Tesla is hard try buying a PlayStation 5. It took me 2 months longer and I had to manage my own opportunities for purchase instead of some quasi-but-not-really-first-come-first-serve order queue.
Trust me I know, I lucked out on a disc version After 4 months of failed attempts it was a crazy marathon, i mean At least with tesla you don’t compete for cars this quick

Damn, here we go page 200 and no VIN! But at least I found “a guy” at Tesla that isn’t ghosting me… he said again that it looks like the car should be here between end of Jan or second week of Feb. not sure if it is true, but I’m glad someone is at least getting back to me… and it is a 14 days estimate. 😂
We’re all in this together! As long as I get my vehicle before page 250, I don’t think anyone or anything will be getting harmed :)

We are at page 199 already? It seems like just yesterday my posted my VIN news on page 191. Wait, it was yesterday! :)

I am completely confused about scheduled charging. You can turn on a start time for charging. And you can set an off peak end time. But when you do one of these, it turns off the other. Either you can set a charging start time or off peak end time not both. Why not ask for off-peak start and end time, and departure time, and figure out best way to make use of off-peak times to charge as much as possible?

About Ryzen, I don't have anything to compare it with, but it doesn't seem especially snappy. May be v10.x is holding it back. When do new deliveries get on the upgrade train?

Last edited:
[...]

About Ryzen, I don't have anything to compare it with, but it doesn't seem especially snappy. May be v10.x is holding it back. When do new deliveries get on the upgrade train?

As someone commented on software part of this forum:

So….Updates are like the post delivery EDD…..
We need to put together a spreadsheet to track when someone gets on the upgrade train post delivery. :)

Last edited:
I had off of work yesterday (Jan 17th), and it was the first day in my current EDD, so decided to try and call the Vegas DC to see if the SA that ghosted me in Aug actually changed my delivery to Vegas from Salt Lake City before she took the goldfish and walked. I was rerouted by the automated system to a person answering in Fremont that said my delivery center is listed as Salt Lake City (not surprised). After several minutes and much explaining, she said she has updated it to Vegas. Since we can't see that on our profile/order, we'll see with a VIN shows... it's not the first time I've been told it was set as Vegas.

I said to her I heard that the Tesla folks can see more information on our projected delivery dates/timelines than we can, and if she can hook me up with a little more info... so said nope, she only sees what I see, then says, "let's see what it says.... your Estimated Delivery Date is Jan 17th to Jan 31... so soon." Ok, well thanks for looking... but guess it's not happening the 17th.

As of 9:15 MST on Jan 18th, my EDD is still Jan 17-31.

I'm going with they've decided to run all the 7-seaters outta Austin since Fremont can't be bothered with such things, plus it'll be a nice easy low production/modest ramp/test/work out the paint booth kinks along with AMD, 15v battery, heated wiper blade upgrade, new headlights, structural battery packs with 4680s installed, ventilated seats, and modest range boost to 350, but they can't announce it until the next earnings call. 🤫

Last edited:
Well, the sales advisors at the local service centre do not work on Monday so no official communication on this yet, but they just posted a new purchase agreement with new VIN number to our account. 7SAYGDEE4NF357106 was old VIN (posting the full VIN so the next buyer who googles their VIN might find this post and know the history)
The new VIN is NF3663xx with Estimated Delivery Jan 28 - Feb 1.

Well advisor called. They have a new car on the way just like the website hinted at.
BUT. He also says if we accept the car going in for repairs they can arrange a discount based on the body shop repair estimate. They do not make the decision locally on how much of a discount. But it's one of the only exceptions to the new car pricing rules along with demo units and the times when there is existing inventory at quarter end to move out.

So, for now we told them we will take the new one on the way but to call back when they have details on the repaired one, the timeline, and the discounts they can offer to accept it. For now it appears replacement VIN is due to arrive Jan 27-Feb 1.

Maybe an extra layer of paint on the front wouldn't be a bad idea if there is a few K off the sticker price. Can pay for some paint protection film.

Reactions: eric.freeman
Get your ViN and car but not the ERIC freeman way
on my vin day I got an anxiety attack
yesterday and today, on the eve of Delivery day, My knee joints were hurting so much I can hardly walk

Man.
RELAX-5680.jpg