Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!!!

Dumb question - why do I not see a Like button on posts here but others seem to have it. I only have Quote and Reply but no Like option. May be because I am a new member?
you only show has having 5 posts, so you need to post away and then you can like and laugh at all of our misfortunate, haha

Edit: Some day you'll be entrusted with the power of the edit button, too. I don't know the number of posts you need to get these upgrades, they just sorta roll out whenever... kinda like something else I know :)

I was waiting to see if the Cargo cover seen from Shanghai was going to make it here. However, while most shelves I have seen are about the same (Abstract Ocean has a really nice light that goes with their shelf), one that looks completely different and has excellent customer service (because it seems to be just one guy) is ModelYShelf. Take a look and see what you think (I have no affiliation with the guy, but he really impressed me with his customer service when I emailed him).

View attachment 757516View attachment 757517

Thank you!! I often go on bike rides and like to keep my things hidden. This helps a lot!

This reminds me I need to look into an Electrician. But honestly no plans on doing it until i get a VIN /.-

I bought the WC a little while back not knowing what I would do for charging and when I had EDDs in Oct and early Nov... would rely on work/public chargers, do a 14-50, or install the WC. My local utility had a $200, so that would help offset the cost of the $500 WC, but once they upped the price to $550 I figured I wouldn't have any problem selling it locally if I didn't end up using it. Well... the Federal tax credit for the install was unknow after 2021, so I had it installed in early Dec. Well the utility credit requires the registration as part of the package, and wasn't renewed for 2022, so missed out on that :mad:

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Well .. I made it !!!
I’d like you to meet the “Golden Condor” I know the car is white, so WTH? It’s a reference to the phoenix, the flaming bird, but also me going to phoenix Soon!
Grateful for Tesla Columbus for their help and smooth experience, did a lot of testing and accessory setup, everything worked out smooth, the Doors require a bit of force in the beginning since it’s a new car, but the interior is breathtaking, it had 92% charge, it does have Intel, buying FSD subscription was very smooth,
Ill tell you setting up the screen protector was the hardest thing today, I messed up the instructions lol but I got it Eventually!
I was wrong, the white on white looks way better, the Gemini wheels are insanely good looking, there is so much space in this car,
oh and the acceleration !!! OMG!

thank you all for your support throughout my journey of crazy anxiety attacks haha I enjoyed every minute of being here, I promise to be here with you until All our friends get their cars!
Congrats! What's your build date?

An update. Things went smoothly…at first! Drove in to sc at 9:30 am and parked car. Advisor came over and I reviewed with him the issues. He put blue tape in each of the trim alignment areas. He said he wasn’t sure if they could realign rear hatch glass and if it was out of spec they might have to replace glass or even replace entire rear hatch. In any event if it was anything other than alignment of rear hatch glass, that would be a separate service appointment. He said he thought car would be done today by 4 pm. I was feeling pretty good and Ubered home.

Then things started going south. I checked app around 2 pm and it said expected completion of work was 1/20 at 4 pm. I messaged back asking how it was possible that some trim alignment and homelink installation would take 3 days. The response was that they could get car back to me 1/19 at 4 pm, and that coordinating among various experts took time. I said the new completion date was better, but was any of the work being completed today. They responded that they were checking with technician and would try to respond before 4 pm today. My last question was to determine if they could at least get trim alignment addressed. If they could, I’d get car today and make a mobile appt. for homelink. I’m not confident I will know anything more today. I hope I get car tomorro, but am unclear what work will actually be done. They could say all trim and hatch glass is in spec and end up having spent two days to do no more than install home link.

if I hadn’t read all the horror stories about Tesla service I’d be kind of annoyed. But I’m only a bit disappointed.

To be continued…
Well. Now the car will hopefully be ready by 4pm 1/20. They are working on installing the homelink now and downloading updated firmware to allow home link to work. Really? They probably won’t start on trim and glass alignment till late today or early tomorrow. So the car basically just got checked in and sat there yesterday. I asked why they had me bring the car in yesterday if they weren’t going to work on it. Their answer was that that was their business model. They also said that given staff shortages, the average time for car to spend in service center has been 2-4 days. I sure hope I really love my Tesla, because my concerns about the Tesla Service Model are being realized.

Well .. I made it !!!
I’d like you to meet the “Golden Condor” I know the car is white, so WTH? It’s a reference to the phoenix, the flaming bird, but also me going to phoenix Soon!
Grateful for Tesla Columbus for their help and smooth experience, did a lot of testing and accessory setup, everything worked out smooth, the Doors require a bit of force in the beginning since it’s a new car, but the interior is breathtaking, it had 92% charge, it does have Intel, buying FSD subscription was very smooth,
Ill tell you setting up the screen protector was the hardest thing today, I messed up the instructions lol but I got it Eventually!
I was wrong, the white on white looks way better, the Gemini wheels are insanely good looking, there is so much space in this car,

thank you all for your support throughout my journey of crazy anxiety attacks haha I enjoyed every minute of being here, I promise to be here with you until All our friends get their cars!
Looks amazing! The white on white finish will never get old ❤️

• Love
Reactions: eric.freeman
Well .. I made it !!!

Are those mud flaps? also did it come with heated wipers? protection film close to rear wheel? matrix headlights? double pane windows?

Reactions: eric.freeman