Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While that definitely sucks, that is what happened to me, I think 6 days before my VIN. got a push to 28 days, then 4 days later 14, then 2 days later VIN. Crossing my fingers this has just begun for you.
That would be fantastic if it happens. I won't hold my breath, but will definitely keep that in mind over the next several days. Thanks for the support!

For those of you in AZ who have gotten your car, SRP offers a 50$ rebate for EV owners, just thought of sharing
just signed up for that
I'm on APS, need to check if they have any.

I got the delivery today. Car looks great, few cosmetic issues and light scratches on the hood.

For the issues I find in the inspection, how to submit them to Tesla? Should I call them or Accept and submit?

Basenor Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Splash Guards (Set of Four) No Need to Drill Holes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHQSXD...t_i_126MWXYETNM6P6ZVM39F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Very easy to install. It uses the current holes that are already in the wheel well. You just pop out a few of the plastic pegs that are on the car already then line up the mud flaps and insert new plastic pegs (I do not know the actual term for these things lol). They are very solid and are attached firmly to the car.
Thank you. I was worried about the rear, I saw that many of the mud flap installations required taking off a bolt in the rear that tended to break if not delicate enough. Sounds like you didn’t have to deal with that.

Finally picked up my car! Everything went well for the most part. Scheduling delivery was a nightmare. The dates kept changing and they basically had no idea when the car was going arrive since there were delays with logistics. Everything is great except for one of the rear passenger doors sag when opening. So much so that when I go to close it the window hits the side. Service appointment scheduled this Saturday to fix it. Attached all my accessories and can’t wait to take a long drive!
Looks great. What type of roof rack is that and what brand is it? Looks like a nice fit on the Y.

Reactions: samori01
Quick update. Deja Vu.

recap:
We had the first car get damaged in transit, sent to body shop on Jan 12

The replacement car just arrived. Damaged in transit. It's off to the body shop.

But the first one is reported to be in progress and due back end of the week and they will send it to the glass place for new windshield and we will likely be getting the original one now that the replacement is going down the same path.

Well. That is all for now.

OD: 8/29 but PC sometime the first week of September. Today marks the first time I have entered an EDD (current one is 1/28 to 2/25). I'm hesitant to be excited because I have a feeling I'm in for some negative news today or tomorrow :). I'd feel better if it changed to to shorter range within the current 28-day range!

Reactions: EvEv
Quick update. Deja Vu.

recap:

The replacement car just arrived. Damaged in transit. It's off to the body shop.

But the first one is reported to be in progress and due back end of the week and they will send it to the glass place for new windshield and we will likely be getting the original one now that the replacement is going down the same path.

Oh man, that is bizarre. I hope you get one soon.

Quick update. Deja Vu.

recap:

Oh man, that is bizarre. I hope you get one soon.
And may it not be damaged.

I'm on APS, need to check if they have any.

I got the delivery today. Car looks great, few cosmetic issues and light scratches on the hood.

For the issues I find in the inspection, how to submit them to Tesla? Should I call them or Accept and submit?

Try and identify issues in first 7 days. There is some clause identifying they'll deal with issues immediately in first 7 days. After that you wait til they can fit you in. I'm now 1 month with the vehicle and 1 service appointment in and still delivery issues are still not resolved.

Also I have found if you email the service team locally they get back to you and sometimes just say bring it over ..as opposed to waiting weeks for the next window for service

Reactions: samori01 and EvEv
Thank you. I was worried about the rear, I saw that many of the mud flap installations required taking off a bolt in the rear that tended to break if not delicate enough. Sounds like you didn’t have to deal with that.

I did not have to deal with that at all. They were very easy to install and I don’t not have to drill any new holes or anything like that.

Reactions: eric.freeman
Wanted to give an update here on my situation.
Ordered in Mid August for my parents. Los Angeles/White/Black/5 seat. Could not complete profile because their DRL was expired and was rejected by the online workflow. They could not get renewal due to COVID/age combined with state of CA allowance for 1 year beyond expiration printed on DRL. Called and no human could tell us what to do, other than risk COVID and go to DMV for renewal. Did not complete profile until sometime in October when online workflow magically accepted the expired DRL. Had delivery date shift and narrow to end of Jan/early Feb. Started a trade in process in mid Jan. Did not complete the trade in after price given, because we wanted to wait until a day b4 delivery to decide. Left trade in unaccepted. Then delivery date pushed to June/July. Went cancelled the trade in 1/27. Today, 1/28 we get an acceptance for Vision and then a VIN and delivery date between Jan30-Feb2.

The craziness of how different clicks and steps in the process impact delivery date is crazy. It wasn't like this in 2018 when we got our 3. Delivery moved along regardless if online workflow was completed. We'd get a human call if someone needed to be completed, but nothing got pushed. It sure would be nice to know exactly how delivery is impacted with each step of the workflow. :rolleyes:

Finally picked up my car! Everything went well for the most part. Scheduling delivery was a nightmare. The dates kept changing and they basically had no idea when the car was going arrive since there were delays with logistics. Everything is great except for one of the rear passenger doors sag when opening. So much so that when I go to close it the window hits the side. Service appointment scheduled this Saturday to fix it. Attached all my accessories and can’t wait to take a long drive!
Awesome! Makes me glad I chose white exterior with 20" wheels!

• Love
Reactions: jennpeterson90