Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD just pushed back from Mar 6-31 to Apr 23- May 21 ugh. Fingers crossed for just a reshuffling or something before it comes back.

Anyone who's picked up their cars do any window tinting? I'd like to get at least some for the UV protection, but not sure what exactly. Also gotta love the "stormtrooper" look with the white car and black windows!

OD: 8/17, Profile: 10/23 |MYLR White/Black| Sts 5 | W 19"| No Tow/FSD | Atlanta, GA​

EDD just pushed back from Mar 6-31 to Apr 23- May 21 ugh. Fingers crossed for just a reshuffling or something before it comes back.

Anyone who's picked up their cars do any window tinting? I'd like to get at least some for the UV protection, but not sure what exactly. Also gotta love the "stormtrooper" look with the white car and black windows!

OD: 8/17, Profile: 10/23 |MYLR White/Black| Sts 5 | W 19"| No Tow/FSD | Atlanta, GA​

That's ridiculous, so sorry they're making you wait that long! I've had my VIN since 1/24, and I've been experiencing delivery date delays ever since 🙄

As far as tinting, I have an appointment this coming Friday (assuming I have my vehicle before then) and I'm planning on doing 25% on the front windows and 70% on the rear windows. 25% on the front will match up with the default smoke tinted glass on the rear windows, and 70% is essentially a clear shade that will provide the UV protection to the smoke tinted glass on the rear windows, which actually don't offer with any UV protection at all

That's ridiculous, so sorry they're making you wait that long! I've had my VIN since 1/24, and I've been experiencing delivery date delays ever since 🙄

As far as tinting, I have an appointment this coming Friday (assuming I have my vehicle before then) and I'm planning on doing 25% on the front windows and 70% on the rear windows. 25% on the front will match up with the default smoke tinted glass on the rear windows, and 70% is essentially a clear shade that will provide the UV protection to the smoke tinted glass on the rear windows, which actually don't offer with any UV protection at all
Yeah that sounds like what I had in mind! I had seen some 35 front, 70 or so back that was the other option i was thinking. Gotta get that back row UV protection like you said. Post some pictures if you don't mind once you get it! Hopefully you get the car before the appointment too.

• Love
Reactions: EvEv and kjudd11
It's. Here.
The wait is over on day #160.
And I have to say, everything I have read here from all you folks about forgetting the wait once you actually get to drive your MY is true. I forgot about all the waiting and all the EDD back-and-forth -- it's worth it, friends... Hang in there.
In my case, once the EDD changed from a 30 day range to a 14 day range, I got the VIN soon after.
Since I live in north Los Angeles County, I picked up the car in a parking garage in Burbank, CA (20 minutes away from my house). I got a text that informed me in which spot my car was parked. And sure enough, I get there, pull out my phone, and the screen on my car illuminates. Like magic.
The photo attached is from today where I sussed out my car among so many others.
I will continue to root for all the August orders still waiting. LET'S GO!

Attachments

• IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 123

Pick up 2/12, appointment for tinting and PPF 2/14. Will let you know how mine looks... although mine will be more Darth Vader than stormtrooper.

I am deciding between 20 and 25 on the front and if 20 then matching the rear windows.

Also look here: Model Y tint pictures

Lots of pictures with explanation of what they did.

So crossing all my t's and dotting my i's this morning and am seeing that the total number on the MVPA is XYZ,290 on the bottom line that says total...but on Tesla app it previously said XYZ, 368. If the certified check isn't exact will it be a problem? Also for some reason when I open the app now, its all black...won't I need it to open the car?... will reboot my phone now...😬

Reactions: EvEv
So crossing all my t's and dotting my i's this morning and am seeing that the total number on the MVPA is XYZ,290 on the bottom line that says total...but on Tesla app it previously said XYZ, 368. If the certified check isn't exact will it be a problem? Also for some reason when I open the app now, its all black...won't I need it to open the car?... will reboot my phone now...😬
Re: The app. You will have to log out and log back in when you meet your car, and all the functions will appear. Good luck :)

My VIN is 363xxx and I was told I don’t have AMD. I also don’t have my vehicle yet and my service center reps have been less than helpful so I’m still holding out that I may actually have AMD 😂
I would ignore VINs altogether when thinking about this. It's all about the build date and if it was build after around Jan 11 it will be AMD because they all have been from that point. 🍻