Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is 363xxx and I was told I donā€™t have AMD. I also donā€™t have my vehicle yet and my service center reps have been less than helpful so Iā€™m still holding out that I may actually have AMD šŸ˜‚
I was told AMD and when I got the vehicle I looked it up under service, and sure enough, it says AMD. Phewā€¦ :)
So you might be getting it too, fingers crossed.

Reactions: kjudd11
Pix or it didn't happen!
It happened!!! šŸ„° (Crashed when I got home, was a tiring day --looking for panel gaps and tiny scratches! waited for some buffing of minor scratches my brother pointed out, ended up test driving a Performance Y, very zippy, and then talking with a guy about solar roof while waiting somehow ended up being there like 3 hrs!!!!) The nice guy at Tesla told us the included front plate holder is not drilled in but just adhesive but will stay on forever...he stuck on for us (but he didn't wipe bumper with alcohol wipe first) and it fell right away when he was adjusting it a little and we all laughed. He pushed it on and held longer and told me to drive home slowly and keep car in warm spot. (I didn't even check to see if it stayed on...will check in morning!!šŸ¤Ŗ)

No front mud flaps (guess I'm more mid-adlantic than a northern state?)

Pic one: Me and cupcake jr picking up car. Pic 2: Jr in the 3rd row! Car is fuuuuuuuuun to drive, very different, will have to putter around in it a while, but so far pretty awesome!!!

Attachments

• IMG_17B0FE764BDD-1.jpeg
    IMG_17B0FE764BDD-1.jpeg
    883 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6C35FDA87EE0-1.jpeg
    IMG_6C35FDA87EE0-1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
It happened!!! šŸ„° (Crashed when I got home, was a tiring day --looking for panel gaps and tiny scratches! waited for some buffing of minor scratches my brother pointed out, ended up test driving a Performance Y, very zippy, and then talking with a guy about solar roof while waiting somehow ended up being there like 3 hrs!!!!) The nice guy at Tesla told us the included front plate holder is not drilled in but just adhesive but will stay on forever...he stuck on for us (but he didn't wipe bumper with alcohol wipe first) and it fell right away when he was adjusting it a little and we all laughed. He pushed it on and held longer and told me to drive home slowly and keep car in warm spot. (I didn't even check to see if it stayed on...will check in morning!!šŸ¤Ŗ)

Pic one: Me and cupcake jr picking up car. Pic 2: Jr in the 3rd row! Car is fuuuuuuuuun to drive, very different, will have to putter around in it a while, but so far pretty awesome!!!
Beauty! Congratulations!

Reactions: eeee-meeee

Awesome, congrats!
I found that driving the car is like this:
  • Slowly: like when you are parking, it is just like driving a golf cart.
  • Fast: when you step on the accelerator, it is like all other cars are in slow motion.

Congratulations to all who took delivery of their vehicle. I took my delivery last week. But when I picked up my vehicle, it was so dusty and filthy. The interior looked like the vehicle was left out in the environment with all doors open for days! I suppose I got used to purchasing my vehicles from a traditional dealership looking nice and shiny. But with the Tesla, it was a different experience. It was a bit anticlimactic. No pomp and circumstances at all. Anyone else have the same experience as me? None the less, the vehicle was good. No panel gaps. One loose Torx by the rear passenger door. But good nonetheless.

Congratulations to all who took delivery of their vehicle. I took my delivery last week. But when I picked up my vehicle, it was so dusty and filthy. The interior looked like the vehicle was left out in the environment with all doors open for days! I suppose I got used to purchasing my vehicles from a traditional dealership looking nice and shiny. But with the Tesla, it was a different experience. It was a bit anticlimactic. No pomp and circumstances at all. Anyone else have the same experience as me? None the less, the vehicle was good. No panel gaps. One loose Torx by the rear passenger door. But good nonetheless.
Yes!!! Same here with pick up in VA. The DC showroom is fancy and sparkly but the VA Tesla site was barebones to say the least. And the car was a little rough looking. My brother who is a big car guy was like this is terrible. (It did look like someone who had some greasy hands (maybe had some yummy fried chicken for lunch) was in my car before me hahaha. Also some minor scratches and sticky spots also!! I'm used it it with kids but my brother (who had a 3 and is has a Y on order and lots of new cars, like every 3 years) was like the car should be super nice at pick up, not like this! (So they offered to buff a little and do some wipe down, so we waaaiiited but still was not that squeaky new car spectacular and when we pointed out they offered to send to detail again but it was laaaate and cooled and we couldn't wait longer but the guy offered to send mobile service. Pretty sure by the time they come to my house I'll forget what was needed where! (Ran into some really nice and super awesome guys and a gal who worked there though!)

Yes!!! Same here with pick up in VA. The DC showroom is fancy and sparkly but the VA Tesla site was barebones to say the least. And the car was a little rough looking. My brother who is a big car guy was like this is terrible. (It did look like someone who had some greasy hands (maybe had some yummy fried chicken for lunch) was in my car before me hahaha. Also some minor scratches and sticky spots also!! I'm used it it with kids but my brother (who had a 3 and is has a Y on order and lots of new cars, like every 3 years) was like the car should be super nice at pick up, not like this! (So they offered to buff a little and do some wipe down, so we waaaiiited but still was not that squeaky new car spectacular and when we pointed out they offered to send to detail again but it was laaaate and cooled and we couldn't wait longer but the guy offered to send mobile service. Pretty sure by the time they come to my house I'll forget what was needed where! (Ran into some really nice and super awesome guys and a gal who worked there though!)

Yeah due to the barebone style they are doing it leaves a lot of room for improvements.

A detail before delivery, servicing times, and parts are all issues hopefully they'll rectify.

My car arrived to the lot on Thursday, and they called me to pick it up a day early but I didn't have my check so I waited til my appointment day. I drove by on Thursday though and all the cars were parked in a corner outside away from the delivery area. The next day when I came they had moved my car to the front where they deliver the cars for pickup.

It wasn't wiped down and had a little layer of dust from transport and one day outside. I was getting it wrapped so they washed and paint corrected so I wasn't to worried about the cleansiness of it. Also I wouldn't want them to wash it due to possible creating more swirls in the paint.

But inside wise they should have wiped it down for and try not to introduce any stains.

Yeah due to the barebone style they are doing it leaves a lot of room for improvements.

A detail before delivery, servicing times, and parts are all issues hopefully they'll rectify.

My car arrived to the lot on Thursday, and they called me to pick it up a day early but I didn't have my check so I waited til my appointment day. I drove by on Thursday though and all the cars were parked in a corner outside away from the delivery area. The next day when I came they had moved my car to the front where they deliver the cars for pickup.

It wasn't wiped down and had a little layer of dust from transport and one day outside. I was getting it wrapped so they washed and paint corrected so I wasn't to worried about the cleansiness of it. Also I wouldn't want them to wash it due to possible creating more swirls in the paint.

But inside wise they should have wiped it down for and try not to introduce any stains.
That's a good point about Tesla not washing them that can lead to potential swirl marks. I can tell my paint has not been touched since probably since after paint application. I cannot see any swirl marks on my paint at all. Like it has not been wiped down or anything. So, Tesla not touching the vehicles prior to delivery can be a blessing in disguise.

I was in my car and working on some settings. I pushed the light show button at the end curious about the lights and as I closed doors, I nearly had a heart attack!!! The windows rolled down and the music boomed on! Crazy light show stuff and even the trunk opened and closed. Was not expecting allllll that! Well, now that I've recovered from my mini heart attack, I now know the windows and trunk, the lights and stereo all work well!

Be sure to give feedback on the survey that is sent post delivery about the cleanliness of the vehicle on delivery. Traditional dealership or direct from manufacturer a new car needs to be delivered looking like a new car.

I was in my car and working on some settings. I pushed the light show button at the end curious about the lights and as I closed doors, I nearly had a heart attack!!! The windows rolled down and the music boomed on! Crazy light show stuff and even the trunk opened and closed. Was not expecting allllll that! Well, now that I've recovered from my mini heart attack, I now know the windows and trunk, the lights and stereo all work well!

Oh your car came with v11.

Mines didn't. Im still debating on the update. I put my WiFi on now and letting it do it's thing

• Informative
Reactions: eeee-meeee