Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happened!!! 🥰 (Crashed when I got home, was a tiring day --looking for panel gaps and tiny scratches! waited for some buffing of minor scratches my brother pointed out, ended up test driving a Performance Y, very zippy, and then talking with a guy about solar roof while waiting somehow ended up being there like 3 hrs!!!!) The nice guy at Tesla told us the included front plate holder is not drilled in but just adhesive but will stay on forever...he stuck on for us (but he didn't wipe bumper with alcohol wipe first) and it fell right away when he was adjusting it a little and we all laughed. He pushed it on and held longer and told me to drive home slowly and keep car in warm spot. (I didn't even check to see if it stayed on...will check in morning!!🤪)

No front mud flaps (guess I'm more mid-adlantic than a northern state?)

Pic one: Me and cupcake jr picking up car. Pic 2: Jr in the 3rd row! Car is fuuuuuuuuun to drive, very different, will have to putter around in it a while, but so far pretty awesome!!!
Congratulations...just so you know there are some better front license plate options than the one they just stick on the front, "Quick Bandit" being one of the best (no affiliation), but if you google Tesla front license plate holder you will see a whole bunch that are much better than the one provided.

Reactions: Mathnerd103
For those of you who picked up your car... did they give you any temp registration paperwork?? I have the temp paper tag on the car. (Also I picked car up in VA but car is being registered in DC, if that matters?).
They did and I still have them, apparently title and registration takes long these days, my SA said we hope you don't have to wait too long, but some people in certain states didn't get their titles until after their temp tags expired, so I am waiting for my OH tags so I can issue AZ ones, the ones in AZ gives me open access to HOV, which in AZ highways is a must

• Informative
Reactions: eeee-meeee
Day 177 today.
OD: 8/14, MYLR7, White/Black, 19", no tow. Orange County, CA.

Original EDD 12/11-12/31, got pushed to 1/6-2/3 in December.
1/7 updated to 1/11-2/8.
1/12 updated to 1/18-2/1.
1/19 updated to 1/21-2/1.
1/23 updated to 1/26-2/23.
1/27 updated to 2/3-3/3.
2/4 updated to 2/6-2/18.
2/7 - received a call from Tesla confirming account information and asking if I wanted to switch to financing! According to them, car is coming in the next two weeks.

Applying for a loan through Tesla, but it keeps saying "technical error - unable to load account details." Anyone run into this issue before?

It happened!!! 🥰 (Crashed when I got home, was a tiring day --looking for panel gaps and tiny scratches! waited for some buffing of minor scratches my brother pointed out, ended up test driving a Performance Y, very zippy, and then talking with a guy about solar roof while waiting somehow ended up being there like 3 hrs!!!!) The nice guy at Tesla told us the included front plate holder is not drilled in but just adhesive but will stay on forever...he stuck on for us (but he didn't wipe bumper with alcohol wipe first) and it fell right away when he was adjusting it a little and we all laughed. He pushed it on and held longer and told me to drive home slowly and keep car in warm spot. (I didn't even check to see if it stayed on...will check in morning!!🤪)

No front mud flaps (guess I'm more mid-adlantic than a northern state?)

Pic one: Me and cupcake jr picking up car. Pic 2: Jr in the 3rd row! Car is fuuuuuuuuun to drive, very different, will have to putter around in it a while, but so far pretty awesome!!!
Hearty Congratulations, Delivery day is so special, even with my move chaos, I had a blast, it feels special, and the first drive is like crazy "OMG do I have a Tesla now? is this mine?"

Day 177 today.

1/7 updated to 1/11-2/8.
1/27 updated to 2/3-3/3.
2/4 updated to 2/6-2/18.
2/7 - received a call from Tesla confirming account information and asking if I wanted to switch to financing! According to them, car is coming in the next two weeks.

Applying for a loan through Tesla, but it keeps saying "technical error - unable to load account details." Anyone run into this issue before?
that's crazy! rooting for you, you shouldn't be waiting for almost 6 months!

Reactions: RoseBud
Deja vu. This used to be where I used to bring my LEAFs in for service for many years. Now it is a Tesla service center. So for me nothing changes in terms of where to take the car in for service. :)

5A614998-B487-41BE-8295-104CF319CEFF.jpeg

Day 177 today.

1/7 updated to 1/11-2/8.
1/27 updated to 2/3-3/3.
2/4 updated to 2/6-2/18.

Congrats! MYLR7 wait times are a doozy

Reactions: sacraM3nto
My family still owns their Leaf! I remember it being the first EV I ever drove....fun little car that won't get you too far
At least our second one (2018) had enough range to go around at least a decent portion of metro area without charging. WIth our first one (2014 or 15) we couldn't even go to SFO airport and back without CHAdeMO-ing on the way back. :)

Of course both of them had 360 camera which I miss. And the second one had CarPlay. And with that my choice of music subscription and map app.

Anyway, the Tesla service center was not busy at all. And with this new location in Sunnyvale they have the space. They should staff up and reduce lead time for a service appt. 3+ weeks to an appt is unacceptable.

Reactions: kjudd11
Well, just got the automated call message about confirming delivery for tomorrow, something that I didn't receive the previous few times I had delivery scheduled. Here's to hoping tomorrow is finally the end of the madness 🤞
Once again, my delivery has been pushed back.

Good news is that my service center called me this afternoon to let me know they got email confirmation that the new replacement trim piece is absolutely getting shipped out to the service center tomorrow (2/8), and I still should have my vehicle by the end of this week. Hoping it's before my Friday tint shop appointment.

Also learned today my build date is 1/24/22, and I got reassurance that my car has ACTUALLY been at my service center, collecting dust for the past few weeks.

If it's one thing I've realized over the past few weeks, it's to not put too much of your mental health into (most) material things (even if Tesla is holding your money ransom and constantly messing up your schedule), cuz it will ruin your joy and distract you from other important things in life.

Sucks that I'll have to slave away at work a few more days without knowing my new car is in my driveway, but it'll all work out! Tough problems we have as current, and soon-to-be Tesla owners.

Last edited:
Once again, my delivery has been pushed back.

Good news is that my service center called me this afternoon to let me know they got email confirmation that the new replacement trim piece is absolutely getting shipped out to the service center tomorrow (2/8), and I still should have my vehicle by the end of this week. Hoping it's before my Friday tint shop appointment.

Also learned today my build date is 1/24/22, and I got reassurance that my car has ACTUALLY been at my service center, collecting dust for the past few weeks.

If it's one thing I've realized over the past few weeks, it's to not put too much of your mental health into (most) material things (even if Tesla is holding your money ransom and constantly messing up your schedule), cuz it will ruin your joy and distract you from other important things in life.

Sucks that I'll have to slave away at work a few more days without knowing my new car is in my driveway, but it'll all work out! Tough problems we have as current, and prospective Tesla owners.

ONE MORE THING:

Smashing a plastic chair in your backyard, after having your delivery date delayed, will not make your Tesla arrive faster ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Day 177 today.

1/7 updated to 1/11-2/8.
1/27 updated to 2/3-3/3.
2/4 updated to 2/6-2/18.

I will be at day 177 on Friday. No VIN yet, but a 14 day EDD (Feb 19-Mar 5) still in place. Hoping for VIN by later this week. MYLR7/Blue/Black/19/Tow/No FSD/Kansas City delivery

Congratulations to all who took delivery of their vehicle. I took my delivery last week. But when I picked up my vehicle, it was so dusty and filthy. The interior looked like the vehicle was left out in the environment with all doors open for days! I suppose I got used to purchasing my vehicles from a traditional dealership looking nice and shiny. But with the Tesla, it was a different experience. It was a bit anticlimactic. No pomp and circumstances at all. Anyone else have the same experience as me? None the less, the vehicle was good. No panel gaps. One loose Torx by the rear passenger door. But good nonetheless.
My car was beside the showroom, indoors, super clean like it could have been the showroom car. No gaps either, I guess I was lucky, or I don't know what to look for.
I think the only 2 things I wish the car could really be improved are the lack of a cargo cover and the suspension. But that is obviously not "my" car but all MYs :)

Day 177 today.

1/7 updated to 1/11-2/8.
1/27 updated to 2/3-3/3.
2/4 updated to 2/6-2/18.

Fellow 7 seater config here and ordered the same time as you. SoCal as well. My EDD moved to March but it might be because of the 20” wheels. Hoping I can be in your position soon!

My car was beside the showroom, indoors, super clean like it could have been the showroom car. No gaps either, I guess I was lucky, or I don't know what to look for.
I think the only 2 things I wish the car could really be improved are the lack of a cargo cover and the suspension. But that is obviously not "my" car but all MYs :)
While both should be standard (and may be soon), there are some pretty good third party options for both. For the shelf look at ModelYShelf

Reactions: in2survive
While both should be standard (and may be soon), there are some pretty good third party options for both. For the shelf look at ModelYShelf
While I am interested in a shelf for my MY, I am hesitant from not buying from a company that has no validated\secure payment method. This seems like a guy that build a generic Weebly website and you email him to place your order, or Venmo him. No real way to know who you are ordering from. I am sure its all above board, but well, I am always very causous on things like that. At least he takes PayPal that I Know I would be able to get my funds back if an issue.

Reactions: in2survive