Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN this morning but with it being a holiday weekend, I may not get insurance finalized until Tuesday. EDD is Mar 5-8. Is there any chance they pass my VIN on if I can't update insurance until Tuesday. Probably being paranoid, but after waiting 185 days, I don't want to lose this VIN.
I updated my insurance expiration date. That's it. I have not gone in and added the Tesla to the policy until I get within a few days of delivery date, at which time I will add the Tesla to my policy and upload the new policy including the Tesla to the app. It shows this step complete. For one thing, it takes a few days after VIN assignment for your insurance company to be able to see the car anyway. For another, guess what, the delivery date could change. Mine did shortly after I got the VIN. You'll be fine.

Got my VIN this morning but with it being a holiday weekend, I may not get insurance finalized until Tuesday. EDD is Mar 5-8. Is there any chance they pass my VIN on if I can't update insurance until Tuesday. Probably being paranoid, but after waiting 185 days, I don't want to lose this VIN.
You will be fine. Nothing will change as long you don't have delivery on Tuesday.

Picked VeNoM up Friday night so couldn't take any pics...
Got them today...couldn't be happier how it turned out.
43F37D78-A1B9-471A-A0CE-173CDFCD1CB2.jpeg
04D3DA80-C944-4323-92C5-4B681968EFCD.jpeg
2268DFE6-02A0-4E7D-AC1E-547BAC92FA2E.jpeg
7BDCA8E8-1E89-4FBE-ACE5-2677AD47DC71.jpeg
1D99B9E7-2E84-4EE7-BDC4-2C6B9041F93A.jpeg

Hey August guys/girls, this is my first car without a spare. Did you buy a tire repair kit? If so, which one do you recommend?
I just got a 12v portable air pump from home depot (husky) and I got a $24 tire repair kit off Amazon that includes gloves, pliers, and the tools to ream and plunge the inserts in.

I don't plan on getting a jack. I debated on that and if it's in the front I can turn the wheel. If it's on the rear I would pump the tire if possible and just try my luck to fix the flat from beneath.

• Love
Reactions: samori01 and J1513
This thread have slowed down quite a lot in the past two weeks, which tells me a lot of you have gotten their cars, congrats! But I know there are some who are still waiting, not leaving until you get yours
Trust me, you will never get bored of your Tesla when you get it, I know I haven’t
I am sorry to say, I am still waiting. But maybe I should be in the November thread. Just so comfortable here. Just glad that most here got their cars already

Day 200! Still no vin, nada. Who’s with me??

I'm still here. Day185 and counting.

199 today! Someone called me yesterday, first time Tesla has acknowledged I exist since the 3rd week of Aug and wanted to know if I wanted to trade in my current car and wanted my VIN. Apparently the system didn't retain it from the quote they gave me back in Aug, so he told me he couldn't look it up. I was skiing so said I couldn't give him anything and I just would like a VIN. I also asked if the system shows something different from the last 4 times I was a couple days into an EDD, and he said he didn't know. 🤷‍♂️🤪🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Missouri doesn’t require proof of insurance for 30 days. That’s what My SA said. So I just uploaded my current insurance just in case. I don’t think it matters though.

199 today! Someone called me yesterday, first time Tesla has acknowledged I exist since the 3rd week of Aug and wanted to know if I wanted to trade in my current car and wanted my VIN. Apparently the system didn't retain it from the quote they gave me back in Aug, so he told me he couldn't look it up. I was skiing so said I couldn't give him anything and I just would like a VIN. I also asked if the system shows something different from the last 4 times I was a couple days into an EDD, and he said he didn't know. 🤷‍♂️🤪🤦‍♂️
An call from the local Tesla office to update my trade-in data preceded my VIN by about two weeks. In talking to a rep at that time it sounded like a check to ensure that things were in order. Like the rep you spoke to, mine gave no hints about likely delivery dates. Hope you get it soon.