Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly think that you folks who got pushed out recently will see your VINs sooner rather than what it looks like. I also think now that changing your payment (like I did, changing my trade in to cash in September) bumps you. I didn't believe that until just recently when I saw my order being filled at the same time as some September folks who ordered around the time I made the change.

Take heart. I have looked and if you were to order another EV, in general you are looking at another 6 months wait for them. The problem is widespread. I really think Tesla wants orders 6 months old off the books as soon as possible.
I will also say, I just was at the Ford/Lincoln dealer (bought our lease to sell it), and I was told depending on what you request on a vehicle it's a 5-7 month wait. They had 6 vehicles on the lot and 2 were used.

Reactions: DrGriz
What is the point in paying a reservation if the order dates are not being kept in that order.
Really wish legal action could be taken against Tesla. Really expect us to wait a total of 9 month? When i placed my order the EDD was early Jan now looking at May. 😡😡😡
Maybe what Telsa needs to do is not give an EDD. They give more info than other dealers do on EDD but it moves around. Watching most, the delivery time has been 6 months. Since Middle Aug Deliveries. Mine, ordered in Aug was delayed 2 months due to me not knowing about completing Profile. Was March 15- April 12 for the longest, now pushed back twice to April 24-May 22. Which, if sticks will be just over 6 months. Hoping it pulls in some. And comes from Austin.

Reactions: Marcy93
Maybe what Telsa needs to do is not give an EDD. They give more info than other dealers do on EDD but it moves around. Watching most, the delivery time has been 6 months. Since Middle Aug Deliveries. Mine, ordered in Aug was delayed 2 months due to me not knowing about completing Profile. Was March 15- April 12 for the longest, now pushed back twice to April 24-May 22. Which, if sticks will be just over 6 months. Hoping it pulls in some. And comes from Austin.
I think that they also want you to be prepared if your car comes in early. If a similar profile became available (because of a cancelled order) would you not want to be alerted? I think that there is all sorts of horse trading that occurs with dealers as well, but we never saw it.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Especially in this horrible, maybe unprecedented worldwide supply chain debacle, I don't know how they could please everyone and make money as well.

I don't like it any more than anyone else, but I have trained myself to relax and be happy that I am not facing $20-30K dealer markups as are happening at traditional manufacturer dealerships.

Last edited:
If their SA weren’t as useless as they are we wouldn't have so many issues w people not completing profiles. I asked mine multiple time if there was anything i was missing and he said no. Turns out my profile wasn't really complete till October.

Excuse my Ken language, im just frustrated beyond imagination.

I honestly think that you folks who got pushed out recently will see your VINs sooner rather than what it looks like. I also think now that changing your payment (like I did, changing my trade in to cash in September) bumps you. I didn't believe that until just recently when I saw my order being filled at the same time as some September folks who ordered around the time I made the change.

Take heart. I have looked and if you were to order another EV, in general you are looking at another 6 months wait for them. The problem is widespread. I really think Tesla wants orders 6 months old off the books as soon as possible.
My local SA this weekend suggested changing my order from trade-in to cash as a possible way to speed up the EDD. She didn't sound confident, though, so I didn't. There's now a form the SA can submit that is supposed to bring attention to super-delayed EDDs.

• Informative
Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
If their SA weren’t as useless as they are we wouldn't have so many issues w people not completing profiles. I asked mine multiple time if there was anything i was missing and he said no. Turns out my profile wasn't really complete till October.

Excuse my Ken language, im just frustrated beyond imagination.
It's interesting to me the wide variability in experience people have been reporting while I've watched over the last 6 months. Some SAs seem to be very engaged, others stand off or worse.

Maybe someone knows. Are they paid on commission or wages? Maybe if they sold you their car they are more interested.

With 6 month gaps between orders and delivery, maybe a lot of them have moved on to other jobs.

We met with a couple of SAs in April last year, but didn't order until August and I just did that on line. Although Tesla Chat tells me I have an SA, she has not reached out and it's only 5 days to delivery. She is not the person with whom we met last spring. Maybe those of us who ordered on line are just a pain, although I would think that if we have a good experience then we would be a referral source if there are commissions involved.

Dunno.

My local SA this weekend suggested changing my order from trade-in to cash as a possible way to speed up the EDD. She didn't sound confident, though, so I didn't. There's now a form the SA can submit that is supposed to bring attention to super-delayed EDDs.
I am glad that they do that, although they make computers that can detect such things and I'll bet Tesla has one. /s

I had read that last year and that was one reason I did change. Maybe it reset me then. Right now if I were you I wouldn't touch it either. You are in June Jail and will probably pop out just like a lot of folks have already this week.

Just spoke with my local SA and was informed that there is a shortage with the 19”inch wheels and hence the change in EDDs.
Every manufacturer is facing the supply chain issues. At least our cars aren't sitting for 9 months on a lot awaiting chips and getting sand blasted.

1645467790566.png

It's interesting to me the wide variability in experience people have been reporting while I've watched over the last 6 months. Some SAs seem to be very engaged, others stand off or worse.

Maybe someone knows. Are they paid on commission or wages? Maybe if they sold you their car they are more interested.

With 6 month gaps between orders and delivery, maybe a lot of them have moved on to other jobs.
I looked this up when I ordered in September, but don't remember the source. Tesla SAs are paid an hourly rate of $17 to $33 plus a "commission" of $100 per order where they assisted. The hourly rate is based on seniority and performance. The compensation structure changed a couple of years ago and lowered commissions. (Commission may not be the right word, considering the customer does the ordering independently).

While the customer actually makes all orders online, if the SA helped the customer or arranged a test drive the information is stored and the SA gets a commission. I only talked to the SA when I did took a MY for test drive (I test drove a M3 at a remote location via the website--drove the car for 30 minutes and unlocked it using a QR code). He (or a computer) sent me a test message the day after I ordered offering help if/when needed.

I read this on the Internet, so consider that when digesting this info.

What is the point in paying a reservation if the order dates are not being kept in that order.
Really wish legal action could be taken against Tesla. Really expect us to wait a total of 9 month? When i placed my order the EDD was early Jan now looking at May. 😡😡😡
If I were to order the same spec vehicle as I own, today…I would be have an anticipated delivery of Dec 2022. That’s 11 months for new orders.

Order dates (profile completion) are kept generally chronological as permitted by logistics. It sounds like your profile completion date was long after you initially opened your order. The pool of profile completed orders from Sept/Oct are still in fulfillment and many have dates going from March - May and maybe longer.

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz

We met with a couple of SAs in April last year, but didn't order until August and I just did that on line. Although Tesla Chat tells me I have an SA, she has not reached out and it's only 5 days to delivery. She is not the person with whom we met last spring. Maybe those of us who ordered on line are just a pain, although I would think that if we have a good experience then we would be a referral source if there are commissions involved.

Dunno.
Pretty sure they are not on a commission. Seems that most Car Dealers that have fixed prices are not.

If I were to order the same spec vehicle as I own, today…I would be have an anticipated delivery of Dec 2022. That’s 11 months for new orders.

Order dates (profile completion) are kept generally chronological as permitted by logistics. It sounds like your profile completion date was long after you initially opened your order. The pool of profile completed orders from Sept/Oct are still in fulfillment and many have dates going from March - May and maybe longer.
Ordering the same car today and having to wait for 11 months is irrelevant for those who are patiently waiting for their cars and wondering why they are getting jerked around.

Many of the September order dates have already received VINs and taken delivery. A guy who ordered a MYLR in October (similar config) six months after me, was celebrating his VIN yesterday. Good for him. Meanwhile, a guy who ordered and completed his profile a full month before me is still waiting and was just pushed back again. There is little rhyme or reason, and certainly no explanation from the company.